San Francisco Nightlife Tips by goodfish
San Francisco Nightlife: 417 reviews and 453 photos
Jack's Bar patio
I'm throwing this in for one reason: the patio. The Cannery as a whole is a complete waste of space but this place has an outdoor courtyard bar that's good for killing a couple of pints on a sunny day (or starry night). They also have a ton of beers on tap. The brews aren't necessarily cheap, I don't know as I'd eat here, and the street musicians who take up residence nearby can be of dubious talent but what the hell - at least you're outside. And if you're a puffer, you won't get the evil eye for lighting up.
Dress Code: Total dive bar - wear your cheap Fisherman's Wharf t-shirt
Address: 2801 Leavenworth Street, Courtyard Level
Directions: Leavenworth at Jefferson, Cannery Building near Fisherman's Wharf
We weren't there at night but I'll stick it here as there's no VT category for daylight tippling.
There is really only one reason to come here and that's the killer location on the water. Yes they have food but the menu is pricey and YELP reviews were so-so but you can't snag a better spot for a beer/margarita on a sunny day than a barstool/table on the back deck. You would think there would be tons of casual bars/restaurants in SF with decks overhanging the bay? No go - this appears to be one of the very few. Anyway, we ended up here at least three times to catch some rays and watch the boats over a couple of cold ones. They also have live music (some free - some with a cover) and other special events so check the calendar on the website. I read that this can be pretty wild spot at night...!
Dress Code: Very casual - shorts, shirt, shoes
Address: On Embarcadero
Directions: Almost exactly between Fisherman's Wharf and the Ferry Building
Theme: Eating and Drinking
More Reviews (72)
- An Urban/Coastal Trek
- See All Watch Chinese Funeral Processions
- See All The Little Restaurant That Can
- See All Down and out
goodfish's Related Pages
San Francisco Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bagdad by the Bay"
- "San Francisco - My Favorie City - By Default"
- "San Francisco - "It's a free-for-all up there!""
- "SFO ... a declassé love letter to the CITY"
- "San Francisco: Why this heart never leaves"
- "I Left My Heart..."
- "San Francisco is Really Shaking Things Up!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Francisco
- Hotels in San Francisco
- Transportation in San Francisco
- Nightlife in San Francisco
- Restaurants in San Francisco
- Shopping in San Francisco
- Warnings and Dangers in San Francisco
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Francisco
- 74 Reviews
- 256 Photos
- 344 Forum posts
- 18 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (133)
Have you been to San Francisco?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Francisco
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Should I have written all my..."
- Commented on one of goodfish's San Francisco tips
- Commented on the San Francisco travel guide
- updated a San Francisco Travel Page "I left by BART in San Francisco"
- Uploaded a Photo to "I left by BART in San Francisco"
- Wrote a Review An Urban/Coastal Trek in San Francisco Sports & Outdoors
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 84 reviews, 354 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 81 reviews, 308 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 74 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 207 photos
- San Diego Intro, 33 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 138 photos
- Florence Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos
- Italy Intro, 31 reviews, 123 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Paul Intro, 31 reviews, 116 photos
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 113 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (135)
- Lombard Street- 132 Reviews, 211 Photos
- Alcatraz- 291 Reviews, 488 Photos
- Golden Gate Park- 118 Reviews, 244 Photos
- Golden Gate Bridge- 249 Reviews, 399 Photos
- Chinatown- 178 Reviews, 309 Photos
- Fisherman's Wharf- 177 Reviews, 315 Photos
- Coit Tower- 133 Reviews, 251 Photos
- Mission District- 51 Reviews, 122 Photos
- Pier 39- 118 Reviews, 211 Photos
- Castro District- 47 Reviews, 63 Photos
See All San Francisco Things to Do