Paris Hotel Tips by goodfish
Paris Hotels: 223,394 reviews and 2,050 photos
Standard room - Hotel Opera Richepanse
Our home for a week in Paris was booked as part of an air/hotel package and was an excellent choice for first-timers. The location couldn't have been better: 3 blocks from the Roissybus dropoff; 1 block from the Madeleine metro station; and 2 blocks from Place de la Concorde and the Tuileries. We arrived before check-in on a sunny Saturday morning and warmly welcomed with a place to store our bags and offer to freshen up in the hotel's public washrooms. We were also given maps and a nice orientation of area attractions and services, such as ATMs.
Our standard double, while not exactly spacious, was not at all cramped (for 2) and entirely comfortable with a French balcony, coffee/tea service, flat screen TV, safe, reading lights and air-conditioning, etc. It was also perfectly clean and quiet, although there was some noise from the street in late night/early morning - nothing to complain about. You may also experience some rumble from the metro if staying on lowest floors but we barely noticed it.
This is a nicely decorated, moderate-sized, 4-star with no restaurant or bar but it does have a breakfast room that we didn't use as we were usually up and out before it opened, and the cost (not included in the room rate) was pretty high. No matter; there were pâtisseries in neighborhood and a Starbucks just down the street for grabbing that walkabout cuppa joe.
The location/amenities puts it above budget category but depending on time of year, you can land some good rates booking special offers directly through the hotel's website. The desk staff here are wonderful: friendly, helpful, professional and attentive in every way. Very special thanks to Anne, whose kindness and smiling face made our stay just that much more delightful!
As it looks like rates swing according to season and booking method, I'm not including a price: see the website for current offers and availability.
Unique Qualities: Location, cleanliness, staff, nice range of amenities. They list high-speed internet access in the rooms (we didn't use) so could be a good hotel for business travelers.
Address: 14 rue du Chevalier de Saint-Georges, 1st Arr., Paris, Ile-de-France, 75001, France
Comparison: about average
More Reviews (55)
goodfish's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 56 Reviews
- 207 Photos
- 779 Forum posts
- 31 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (127)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Read real reviews about Paris Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Minneapolis Intro, 84 reviews, 354 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 81 reviews, 308 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 74 reviews, 256 photos
- Paris Intro, 56 reviews, 207 photos
- San Diego Intro, 33 reviews, 146 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 38 reviews, 138 photos
- Florence Intro, 30 reviews, 131 photos
- Italy Intro, 31 reviews, 123 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Paul Intro, 31 reviews, 116 photos
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 113 photos
- Montmartre - Sacré Coeur- 581 Reviews, 1032 Photos
- Eiffel Tower- 816 Reviews, 1425 Photos
- Louvre- 782 Reviews, 1546 Photos
- Notre Dame de Paris- 648 Reviews, 1323 Photos
- Arc de Triomphe- 437 Reviews, 757 Photos
- Musée d'Orsay- 271 Reviews, 546 Photos
- Latin Quarter- 95 Reviews, 255 Photos
- Jardins du Luxembourg- 115 Reviews, 277 Photos
- Sainte-Chapelle- 144 Reviews, 351 Photos
- Disneyland Paris- 111 Reviews, 168 Photos
See All Paris Things to Do