My Favorite Pages

Travelogues

Travel Map

roamer61's Profile Photo
roamer61 May 22, 2016 at 1:32 PM

Hi Kate. I now have 3 days in Moab planned. October 17-21. I am trying to figure out if I can manage Delicate Arch Trail in Arches, or settle for the lookout. And in Canyonlands if I can handle the hike to Chesler Park. Fiery Furnace is too much for me and Horseshoe Canyon may be too much for as well.

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    roamer61 May 22, 2016 at 3:35 PM

Haha, so maybe you were in better shape. Check out this video. Some of the places they go would be extremely tough for me. Also, at point 3:12 in the video, you'll see people squeezing through on the belly.
    youtube.com/watch?v=Y3rfGRT6...

goodfish May 22, 2016 at 4:17 PM

We did not have to do that. None of us. You don't see other people in the film doing it so it may have been an option or something that guy just chose to do himself. Some hikers in the Furnace have enough experience to get permits to do it without a guide: may have been one of those indies. But if you don't want to sign up for the hike it, then you don't have to.

I forgot that you're looking at a jeep tour for Chesler so no, that hike won't be 6 miles but the Navtec tour rates the 3-miler to Chesler as a "strenuous." You aren't required to do that hike, though, and can opt to stay back with the jeep.

rjkjr May 21, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Goodfish - Is that picture from Bryce of the woman standing on a rock? If so - advise where/how to get to that spot. Going to Bryce this summer. Zion and Arches as well. Appreciate any tips

valman65's Profile Photo
valman65 May 20, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Thanks for your answer to '2 days in Grand Canyon+Sedona'. I appreciate your advice.

Tselengka May 19, 2016 at 10:29 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Visiting Vatican museum or Colosseum'. You've been a huge help.

DeeCYng's Profile Photo
DeeCYng May 14, 2016 at 4:41 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Two must do's in Cinque Terre '. enjoyed your reply. thank you

glabah's Profile Photo
glabah May 11, 2016 at 9:28 PM

Thank you very much for your kind birthday wishes.

I took the day off work, since there were some delays in some things there so wasn't much for me to do - so the bad news is less money due to less hours, but the good news is time off to explore some neglected local areas. I decided to go out to The Cove Palisades State Park, which was still a blank page in the VT database. As time permits I'm adding stuff about the park (I've not got much there yet so check back in a while when I've had a chance to add more). I also visited the Warm Springs Indian Reservation Museum, which also hadn't been in the VT page for Warm Springs.

All in all, a decent birthday for a VT member. I encourage others to explore areas and attractions nearby that aren't on the VT database yet as there are still some good ones that aren't there yet.

Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo
Oleg_D. May 11, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'Chiesa dei Santi Severino e Sossio'. I appreciate your advice.

• Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo
    Oleg_D. May 11, 2016 at 11:55 AM

Thank you, you spent your time.

goodfish May 11, 2016 at 12:12 PM

It looks like a fascinating church; I'd love to see that one. Hope you do!

Mysticvisions May 11, 2016 at 7:32 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'suggestions for Sedona/Phoemix area for limited walking'. You've been a huge help.

goodfish May 11, 2016 at 7:43 AM

You're very welcome! Let me know if I can help you with any questions about the Grand Canyon? I know it pretty well, and would be more than happy to assist. :O)

TravelShooter May 9, 2016 at 8:04 AM

Thanks for your answer to 'want to take pictures of NYC Trump properties'. You've been a huge help.

letsgo247's Profile Photo
letsgo247 May 8, 2016 at 6:37 PM

Thanks for your answer to 'Where to stay??'. I appreciate your advice.