"Amapola Goes to Aruba" Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba by amapola66
Aruba Travel Guide: 983 reviews and 2,506 photos
Having spent only a couple of days on the Dutch Antilles island of Aruba a couple of years back, we chose to stay a little longer (5 days) for our recent trip on route to visit relatives in Venezuela. We flew KLM from Amsterdam Shiphol Airport to Aruba flightime approx 10 hours (can't say I would recommend this KLM flight, read my warnings tips for more details).
Having experienced the wonderful beaches on our last very brief visit, we decided to choose a hotel right on the shore so we could make the most of them and chose the more 'European' option of the Amsterdam Manor which is situated at Eagle beach (pictured below). This time, I was with the Small Person, KB and Sister no. 1.
These beaches do not disappoint, they are wonderfully pretty with silver sand, warm shallow turquoise waters and an abundance of interesting birds and fauna. There are watersports for those who desire.
Aruba is a great for doing absolutely nothing, which suited us perfectly.
Here is the front of Amsterdam Manor Hotel as pictured from Eagle Beach. (See my hotel tips for more details). This chilled out hotel is situated in the quiter lowrise hotel area and we all enjoyed our stay there very much.
One of my favourite times was dawn, when I would go for a stroll in the cool of the morning, watching the wildlife with few humans around. In the pic to the left, I am walking along the coral (pardon my jimjams!) near the hotel where there is an abundance of wildlife to be seen; including iguanas, lizzards, crabs, pelicans and other birds .(You can just see a pelican flying in the background there if you click to enlarge) - Wonderful.
(See more wildlife pics in my tips).
- Pros:Climate & Beaches, Wildlife, Safe Relaxed Vibe, Close to Venezuela
- Cons:Large Corporate Hotels, Casinos and Bad Food!
- In a nutshell:Perfect for Carribean beach holidays in a safe environment
Our trip to Aruba ended with a flight out to Las Piedras airport, Venezuela on a VERY small Sol America propella plane.... more travel advice
Sister no 1, is rather partial to a Cuban cigar of distinction. Here she is, in the cigar salon at Cuba's Cookin'... more travel advice
amapola66's Related Pages
Aruba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Escape from Chicago's winter to Aruba"
- "Things That Make You Go.....WOW!!!"
- "Aaaaawesome Arrrruuuuba!!!!"
- "Thanksgiving in Aruba"
- "Amapola Goes to Aruba"
- "Adventure Awaits"
- "Arid and Friendly"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aruba
- Hotels in Aruba
- Transportation in Aruba
- Nightlife in Aruba
- Restaurants in Aruba
- Shopping in Aruba
- Warnings and Dangers in Aruba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aruba
- 19 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Aruba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aruba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 64 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almuñécar Intro, 33 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venezuela Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos
- Granada Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Salobreña Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chichiriviche Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos