"Amapola Goes to Aruba" Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba by amapola66

Aruba Travel Guide: 975 reviews and 2,477 photos

Aruba for Easter 2005

Having spent only a couple of days on the Dutch Antilles island of Aruba a couple of years back, we chose to stay a little longer (5 days) for our recent trip on route to visit relatives in Venezuela. We flew KLM from Amsterdam Shiphol Airport to Aruba flightime approx 10 hours (can't say I would recommend this KLM flight, read my warnings tips for more details).

Having experienced the wonderful beaches on our last very brief visit, we decided to choose a hotel right on the shore so we could make the most of them and chose the more 'European' option of the Amsterdam Manor which is situated at Eagle beach (pictured below). This time, I was with the Small Person, KB and Sister no. 1.

These beaches do not disappoint, they are wonderfully pretty with silver sand, warm shallow turquoise waters and an abundance of interesting birds and fauna. There are watersports for those who desire.

Aruba is a great for doing absolutely nothing, which suited us perfectly.

Amsterdam Manor Hotel

Here is the front of Amsterdam Manor Hotel as pictured from Eagle Beach. (See my hotel tips for more details). This chilled out hotel is situated in the quiter lowrise hotel area and we all enjoyed our stay there very much.

Morning Has Broken

One of my favourite times was dawn, when I would go for a stroll in the cool of the morning, watching the wildlife with few humans around. In the pic to the left, I am walking along the coral (pardon my jimjams!) near the hotel where there is an abundance of wildlife to be seen; including iguanas, lizzards, crabs, pelicans and other birds .(You can just see a pelican flying in the background there if you click to enlarge) - Wonderful.

(See more wildlife pics in my tips).

• Pros:Climate & Beaches, Wildlife, Safe Relaxed Vibe, Close to Venezuela
  • Cons:Large Corporate Hotels, Casinos and Bad Food!
  • In a nutshell:Perfect for Carribean beach holidays in a safe environment
  • Last visit to Aruba: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Nov 20, 2007

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2007 at 6:46 AM

great page!

• RoyJava's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2005 at 12:50 PM

Heard about the Tangos,... beautiful pics, great tips, good job, ... greetzzz RoyJava

• Apr 5, 2005 at 10:31 AM

Very comprehensive tips. Sorry to hear about your bad flight experiences...

• bijo69's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2005 at 5:18 PM

Very helpful tips! Sorry to read about that horrible flight. Went to Bonaire with KLM and the flight was ok compared to the chaos of Amsterdam airport ...

• sachara's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2005 at 1:19 PM

Lucky you, to go there again so soon ! Happy travelling !

• LysDor's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 2:19 AM

Can't agree more - I looooved the place. Have a nice easter trip

• ROCKARIA's Profile Photo
    Feb 28, 2005 at 11:58 AM

Hi Poppy.....very inviting pic.....make you feel like dipping in that fantastic clear blue water....enjoy : )

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2005 at 5:03 AM

No, I didn't but loved the place. Have a great trip to Aruba! Thanks for dropping by.

amapola66