"Amapola's Venezuela Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Venezuela by amapola66

Venezuela Travel Guide: 2,517 reviews and 6,412 photos

Love life, take care of each other & laugh loudy

Welcome to my Venezuelan page - Bienvenido a mi página Venezolana.

Christmas 2007 saw myself and the Little Rick Chic back in Venezuela to visit our family in Los Taques, a hot, desert-like area in the Northwest Paraguanan region, state of Falcon. My Dad, (herein after referred to as 'The Opera Singer') lives on the northwest coast of Paraguana. Paraguana has many very beautiful beaches some of which I have been lucky enough to spend plenty of time visitng.

My 'other country', is a paradise with rivers, waterfalls (including the highest in the world), lakes, jungles, the snow-capped mountains of the Andes and the worlds most spectacular landscapes. It boasts 42 national parks, 21 state monuments, forest reservations and is one of the most advanced countries regarding conservation of natural resources. The north coast is on the Carribean sea, with the Atlantic Ocean to the east, Columbia to the west and Brasil to the south. You can cram alot of experience into a trip to Venezuela!

Caracas is the capital city of Venezuela and where many more of my relatives live. It is a very beautiful bustling city, surrounded by mountains and has many art galleries and museums to visit. It can be quite a dangerous city though, especially at night, unsuprisingly due to the huge rich/poor divide. So if you visit there, be sure to read up about it and book up acommodation first.

A must see, and much more relaxed, is a visit to Morrocoy National Park (see my Chichiriviche page for tips and pics) where I was lucky enough to go this year.

Although some people are worried about the political unrest that has been around for some time in Venezuela, I have never experienced any problems. Out of Caracas and in the tourist resorts, you shouldn't really experience anything to worry you if you use common sense and plan your travels properly. Venezuelans are a very friendly, welcoming people, with a fantastic sense of humour, even in the face of poverty, which many still are.

I read somewhere that the Venezuelan philosophy of life is : "Love life, take care of one another and laugh loudly"
...and that just about sums it up for me ; )

(pics copyright amapola05)

Enjoy Some Spectacular Sunsets

There's nothing like doing nothing if you are on holiday in Venezuela.; and the northen beaches of Venezuela are the place to enjoy some of the most spectaular sunsets. Venezuela is a country of great beauty and the best way to spend your time when visiting, is spend as much time enjoying nature at its very finest.

Venezuela is Green Too!

I couldn't begin to list all the places of great natural beauty in Venezuela, but as a start, I can highly recommend a trip through the 'Tunnel of Love', a swamp-like boat trip through the mangrove channels, out to the paradise islands of Morrocoy Park, from the small town of Chichiriviche.There is much awe inspiring beauty in the way of nature and wildlife to be seen in this park, which is 3 hours from Caracas and 4 hours from Los Taques. Paradise islands with white sandy beaches perfect for swimming and snorkling can be eaily reached by boats from Chichiri or Tucacas.

(See my Chichiriviche
pages for more tips on this area).

I have many photos of my recent visit to my other home which I am gradually adding here and on my Los Taques & Chichiriviche pages. Hopefully you will find them of interest. Although I am somewhat biased, you cannot fail to find Venezuela a very interesting and beautiful country.

• Pros:A paradise, Huge variety of amazing scenery, Great climate, Warm happy people
  • Cons:Poverty for many people causing some problems in places ike Caracas, Everyone drives, no walking culture
  • In a nutshell:A tropical paradise, Do your homework before travelling.
  • Last visit to Venezuela: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 2, 2008

• mfas2000's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2009 at 3:13 AM

Looks amazing...Country should be on thebest toursim list.. Venezula is blessed wit h great people and great leadership..god bless

• fachd's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2008 at 2:54 AM

Your Venezuela page are great, one day we will visit this splendid country.

• AngieMae's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2008 at 11:11 PM

Hola! Muy buenas tus páginas! Soy de Venezuela y también soy músico! Saludos!!

• May 31, 2007 at 6:53 PM

Hey congratulations..... I love your page... esta super fina chama... I am a venezuelan girl and I love my country.... saludos panita... y que disfrutes mucho mas cuando regreses a el paraiso más hermoso en el mundo.... VENEZUELA = )

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2007 at 9:30 AM

I just love your page...it is most interesting. Venezuela is defnitely a place I want to visit one day. Happy birthday from Finland!

• bylaunch's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Nice page! I hope I can do it as well as you did... Regards from Venezuela

• Nov 12, 2005 at 2:27 AM

I'm a musician, keyboard player, can you tell me hjwre to go to hear and play live music: salsa, reggae, afro-Latino, drim and dance and when is the best time to go, I'm travcelling in Jan.

• Wafro's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2005 at 7:12 AM

Didn’t know Venezuela was so interesting. I prefer you -local customs- tips. GRTZ from Belgium

• munki's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 3:56 PM

Nice pelican photo!! Great page of Venezuela!

• Tourtech's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 10:36 AM

Your local customs and Venezuela pages are Amazing. The tips you give are very interesting and fun to read. Safe travels from travelling Canadians!

amapola66 Used To Live Here!

amapola66

“Enjoy the trip”

Badges & Stats in Venezuela

Have you been to Venezuela?

Latest Activity in Venezuela