"Amapola - 'Made in London'" London by amapola66
London Travel Guide: 23,065 reviews and 47,272 photos
I was born in London, baptised and lived in Venezuela as a baby and then came back to West London to live and attend school. The borough of Kensington and Chelsea was my 'glamorous' birthplace and I lived in various and quite strikingly different parts of town all of my life spending time in the north west and noth east areas. I guess the only way I could bring myself to leave 'the smoke', was to move to a different country. So I went to Boston MA for a year. That cured me somewhat and now we live in 'London on Sea', Brighton (all of 30 miles away)! I still visit Sister no.1, the Handsome Man and friends there regularly.
I have made a start with some transport tips, some handy info and some of my favourite regular haunts and less touristy tips will be coming as soon as I have the time. (The famous tourist spots have been done so well already don't you think?) and I am hoping to take some new photos to compliment them.
My most recent years in London were spent living in the Stoke Newington/Hackney areas and that is the area I usually visit when I go back up to 'town'.
(More on these areas soon).
Much of my youth was spent in North/West London in the Ladbroke Grove/Notting Hill area and further out west in Harrow and surrounding areas (county of Middlesex).
Of course Notting Hill as made famous by the (rather dreadful) film, which had the effect of pushing up the property prices and making it rather exclusive, but it still keeps it's West Indian roots and artsy with the annual Notting Hill summer carnival. The place still has a good buzz though and of you should have a rummage in the Portobello Rd market on the weekend, especially if you like antiques.
- Pros:Loads going on ! Arts in abundance, Multi-Cultural, Restaurants, Parks, Shops, My home town
- Cons:Expensive, Too many people, Dirty, Takes to long to get from A to B
- In a nutshell:Can't put London in a nutshell !
I don't think I really appreciated the sheer amountof choice for shopping in London until I stopped living there. If you... more travel advice
"The Roundhouse is a north London landmark venue presenting an international programme of high quality events for... more travel advice
amapola66's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "London, Misty Albion"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 21 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
- Wrote a Review Love the Tate Modern! about Tate Modern in London Things to Do
- Posted in Travel Almuñécar Forum "Re: Outlets or big shops near..."
- updated a London Travel Page "Amapola - 'Made in London'"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Shop 'til you drop - Oxford St"
- Commented on one of balfor's London travel pages
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 64 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almuñécar Intro, 33 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venezuela Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos
- Granada Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Salobreña Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chichiriviche Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
Latest London hotel reviews
- Travelodge London Tower Bridge
- 531 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Viking Hotel
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Belgrave House Hotel
- 155 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Apex City Of London Hotel
- 1550 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- Kensington Park Apartments
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 30, 2013
- Astors Hotel
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Mercure London City Bankside Hotel
- 442 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Woodley Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Jun 1, 2006
- Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel
- 1243 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- The Connaught
- 281 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Knightsbridge Hotel
- 175 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Osterley Park Hotel London
- 125 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013
- Her Majesty Hotel
- 63 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013