Blanes Shopping Tips by amapola66 Top 5 Page for this destination
Blanes Shopping: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Mataro is a port town around 30 kilometers before Barcelona from Blanes. Locals suggested we went there to shop as the rain was relentless.
On arrival, the town had an instantly likeable, non touristy vibe. We strolled around a while and had a spot of lunch in a local Catalan restaurant (3 courses plus wine in a large porron & coffee for 7 euros). The town looked interesting with some old parts, parks and little shops. We then went on to the large shopping center. The shopping center was nothing exceptional, but was beautifully clean as always in Spain and was enough to keep you amused for an pleasant hour or two shopping.
Apparently, there are also some very pleasant beaches nearby for warmer days.
What to buy: Great bargains to be had.
I bought a fab kitchen stool for 8 euros.
Kids toys are cheaper in the Supermercardo and frying/paella pans etc. Also great for large cheeses (such as Manchego) - Olive Oil and Spanish Smoked Paprika.
Tobacco and ciggarettes are much cheaper.
What to pay: Less than in the UK
Directions: Mataro is on the train line.
Blanes Fruit and Veg Market
Blanes fruit and veg market is open every morning except Sundays.
Local produce is fresh, good quality and cheap.
If you are renting an apartment and doing some cooking in occasionally, I would highly recommend getting your fresh foods there.
Theme: Food and Drink
More Reviews (15)
- Beware Dodgy Late Night Chinese...
- Take Some Slippers!
- Good international bar
- See All L'Escala
amapola66's Related Pages
Blanes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Blanes - the start of the Costa Brava"
- "Amapola's Blanes page"
- "The best place to stay in Costa Brava"
- "A SEASIDE TOWN IN COSTA BRAVA"
- "Blanes, Costa Brava."
- "Blanes - a piece of paradise......."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blanes
- Hotels in Blanes
- Transportation in Blanes
- Nightlife in Blanes
- Restaurants in Blanes
- Shopping in Blanes
- Warnings and Dangers in Blanes
- See All...
Explore the World
- Grado Hotels
- Nashawena Island Hotels
- Durell Hotels
- Timoleague Hotels
- Milne Bay Province
- Nakhon Pathom
- Respublika Tatarstan
Badges & Stats in Blanes
- 17 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Blanes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blanes
Photos in BlanesSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 64 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almuñécar Intro, 33 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venezuela Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos
- Granada Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Salobreña Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chichiriviche Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos
Latest Blanes hotel reviews
- Apartamentos Lotus/Europa
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Pimar Hotel
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 24, 2012
- Lotus Apartments
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 31, 2012
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Hotel Stella Maris
- 31 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2013