"Conil - Unspoilt Spanish Seaside Town" Conil de la Frontera by amapola66
Conil de la Frontera Travel Guide: 81 reviews and 147 photos
Went a few years back, to the little town of Conil de la Frontera. Conil is a little white town which spills onto a long stretch of wide unspoilt sandy beaches on the Atlantic that stretch as far as the eye can see. The weather is pretty wonderfully hot all year round, although it can get rather windy at times.
The Costa de la Luz (coast of light), is Spain's most southwesterly coast, stretching from the Straits of Gibraltar to the Portuguese border, in the colourful province of Andalucia.
We visited Conil during their September fiesta and that is the perfect time to go. If you time it right, you can also go to the wonderful 'Fiesta de Buleria' in the town of Jerez.It is held in the bullring and a theatrical experience not to be missed, even if you are not a flamenco fan (which I am ).
Conil town is well situated to visit Cadiz, Jerez and the charming mountain village of Vejer, where you can study flamenco dance and guitar, Spanish language and the cooking of local cuisine; not forgetting North Africa, which is just a boat ride away.
Sunsets are spectacular.The fried fish is yummy and you have the great combination of culture and nature.
We loved it and we will return.
Conil town is packed with small traditional shops and hundreds of little bars and restaurants. You won't have to look far to find some very tasty tapas in a relaxed atmosphere.
We are visiting agin this September (2011) - Will report back as soon as.
- Pros:Climate, Beaches, Food, People, Culture
- Cons:Very hot in July/August (if that is a 'con')
- In a nutshell:Relaxed Place of Beauty, Great Climate, Good Food, Friendly People
amapola66's Related Pages
Conil de la Frontera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Unspoiled beaches of unbeleivable beauty"
- "Conil de la frontera"
- "under constructiion"
- "Crystal Clear Altantic Water, Amazing Sunsets"
- "Conil de la Frontera"
- "Vt meeting in Conil"
- "Conil - Unspoilt Spanish Seaside Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Conil de la Frontera
- Hotels in Conil de la Frontera
- Transportation in Conil de la Frontera
- Nightlife in Conil de la Frontera
- Restaurants in Conil de la Frontera
- Shopping in Conil de la Frontera
- Warnings and Dangers in Conil de la Frontera
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Conil de la Frontera
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Conil de la Frontera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Conil de la Frontera
- updated a Conil de la Frontera Travel Page "Conil - Unspoilt Spanish Seaside Town"
- Posted in Travel Almuñécar Forum "Re: Outlets or big shops near..."
- Wrote a Review Specializing in Rural Spanish... in Conil de la Frontera Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Conil - Unspoilt Spanish Seaside Town"
- Commented on one of Carmela71's Conil de la Frontera travel pages
Photos in Conil de la FronteraSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 64 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almuñécar Intro, 33 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venezuela Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos
- Granada Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Salobreña Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chichiriviche Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos