"Amapola falls in love ..." Granada by amapola66
Granada Travel Guide: 2,046 reviews and 5,190 photos
... And if you could speak, what a fascinating tale you would tell"...
Although I have visited the Granada region many times before, I had not really explored the city itself, mainly due to the fact our visits are often in the school summer holidays and rather hot for city exploration with small people (not so small any more!). June '07 saw a fleeting visit to this beautiful city, al final of a very long drive exploring various villages with the idea of a possible move to Spain in the future. This was followed by a 2 week stay in August - and I am updating my tips here and there as I get time.
Strangely, Granada city was at the very end of our road trip and as if it was holding back it's secrets until the time was right, it caught me by suprise. It has to be said, it was love at first sight.
Now I just have to figure out how I am going to afford my city center apartment ; )
Of course, we visted the Alahmbra Palace and gardens...
...and caught some local flamenco.
- Pros:Beautiful capital city, unspoilt villages, mountains, coast & free tapas!
- Cons:None that I can think of just yet....
- In a nutshell:I want to live there!
If you have a car, you must go here. we stumbled across this lake on our way to the natural springs, we had to stop -... more travel advice
Small, unpretentious flamenco bar with a cave at the back where you can listen to some informal flamenco jamming with... more travel advice
amapola66's Related Pages
Granada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Granada"
- "Much More Than The Alhambra"
- "And How to fall in love with a city...."
- "Feel of Old Islam in Spain"
- "Beautiful architecture and fantastic views!"
- "La Alhambra y Generalife"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Granada
- Hotels in Granada
- Transportation in Granada
- Nightlife in Granada
- Restaurants in Granada
- Shopping in Granada
- Warnings and Dangers in Granada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Granada
- 23 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Granada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Granada
- Wrote a Review a little piece of heaven on earth ... in Granada Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "a little piece of heaven on earth ..."
- updated a Granada Travel Page "Amapola falls in love ..."
- Posted in Travel Almuñécar Forum "Re: Outlets or big shops near..."
- Commented on one of blint's Granada travel pages
Photos in GranadaSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 64 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almuñécar Intro, 33 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venezuela Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos
- Granada Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Salobreña Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chichiriviche Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Aruba Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos