"Amapola's Puerto de Mazarron Page" Mazarrón by amapola66
Mazarrón Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 35 photos
Puerto de Mazarron is a sea-side town on the Costa Calida (warm coast). Distinctly lacking in high rise hotels and the usual 'tourist tat' , it is mainly frequented by Spanish and British villa owners at Easter and summer and much of the surrounding areas are generally very unspoilt. There are miles of beautiful unspoilt Mediterranean golden sand beaches to while away the hours on. (Although sadly, I have heard there has been alot of villa buiding going on in recent years).
There is quite a large British ex -pat population, but you can grab a bit of simple, unspoilt Spain here very easily and there are some amazingly unspoilt beaches to laze around on further out of town at Bolnuevo.
Beyond Bolnuevo is one of my special places. The mountains beyond Bolnuevo (pictured) come right down to the sea - perfect. This is apparently protected for turtle breeding I believe and therefore unspoilt. (Well, it certainly was when I was last there and you can see in the foto above?) There are 27 small bays and inlets,reched by a an unmade road, which casues you on occasion sto stop, get off bike or gt out of vehicle and remove the odd alrge rock from your path. You have to climb down the rocks and cliffs to the little beaches, mostly empty of the human race.
What a great view of nothing except nature's gifts you can have while lying on the beach in those little bays. (Keep meaning to climb that hill)!
Clothes around these parts, are optional.
Take plenty of water, you may get stuck on the unmade road.
"El Puerto is attractive low-rise fishing port with long beaches of dark sand broken up by charming rocky coves. The resort is linked to the town of Mazarron further inland. There is live music and a street party most evenings during the lively summer months , but out of season, youc an have much of the beach to yourslef. Here you can enjoy mountain walking, scuba diving and sailing".
Although it remains untouched by the major tour operators it still contains numerous bars and international restaurants as well as a couple of English bars for your football and Sunday roast. The Spanish seafood restaurants are especially good and you will find prices very resonable indeed.
As far as I know, there is no MacDonalds there, or at least the last time I was there.
- Pros:Unspoilt, Great beaches, Mountains, Hot!
- Cons:Not much culture in the way of flamenco etc ,Quite a few British ex pats
- In a nutshell:Great place for a chill-out and recharging the batteries
The first time I went to Mazarron (too many years back to think about)...I hired a moped. Having been accustomed to two... more travel advice
amapola66's Related Pages
Mazarrón Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Amapola's Puerto de Mazarron Page"
- "Mazarron memories...."
- "A place to relax"
- "Mazarron and surrounding area"
- "The beauty of Mazarrón"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mazarrón
- Hotels in Mazarrón
- Transportation in Mazarrón
- Restaurants in Mazarrón
- Shopping in Mazarrón
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Mazarrón
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Mazarrón?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mazarrón
- updated a Mazarrón Travel Page "Amapola's Puerto de Mazarron Page"
- Posted in Travel Almuñécar Forum "Re: Outlets or big shops near..."
- Wrote a Review The Road to Nowhere in Mazarrón Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Amapola's Puerto de Mazarron Page"
- Commented on one of Flamegirl's Mazarrón travel pages
Photos in MazarrónSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 64 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almuñécar Intro, 33 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venezuela Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos
- Granada Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Salobreña Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chichiriviche Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos