"Chichiriviche - Heaven on Earth" Top 5 Page for this destination Chichiriviche by amapola66
Chichiriviche Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 73 photos
We left at 4am by car, for the four hour journey from Los Taques to Chichiriviche, Morrocoy National Park, Estado Falcon and what a beautiful place we found on arrival. I had hoped we could visit during this trip to Ven, and Brother no. 1 made it possible, getting it all arranged and organising travel & accomodation for 8 of us.
El Parque Nacional Morrocoy is a hidden aviary and natural paradise for nature and ocean lovers, created in 1974 and located between the towns of Tucacas and Chichiriviche. (The latter, less touristy option, the path we chose).
The waters are turquoise, warm and shallow ; perfect for swimming and snorkling. Little 'desert islands' lure you towards them you can jump off your boat and swim to ones that take your fancy.
You can hire a water taxi and approach the islands via the mangrove channels and easily delight in many of the wonderful birds and tropical plants this 81,500-acre refuge has to offer. Among these you will see Scarlet Ibises, Pink Flamingos, Lapwings, Ducks, Great blue and white Herons, various Hawks, Vultures and Pelicans. Then a visit to the cliffs and the 'Cave of the Indians' where you can see a cool mixture of ancient hyrogliphics from a tribe of Indians who inhabited them 3400 BC (See tips).
If that tires you out, then you can jump off the boat and swim to your own private desert island for a picnic and a snooze under a palm tree.
In the town you can find quality local craft shops, food and drink stores and some reasonably good seafood restaurants. I liked the vibe here, very relaxed and friendly. (Hmm Couldn't find any empanadas in the panaderias though).
I also spotted an internet cafe, should you feel inclined.
Nearby cliffs are home to dozens of tiny statues of Jesus, the Virgin del Valle, patron saint of Venezuela's fishermen and other saints adorning the rocks if you want to say your prayers or ask the 'man upstairs' a special question.
- Pros:The most beautiful scenery in the world, Chilled -out vibe, Nice people
- Cons:The odd mosquito, but nothing else really.
- In a nutshell:Paradise on earth
In Chichiriviche you can find a large number of hotels and inns. (I am trying to remember the nameof the one we stayed... more travel advice
The beaches at Morocoy Nacional Parque are just perfect. Wander along the white sands and just take some time to enjoy... more travel advice
amapola66's Related Pages
Chichiriviche Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chichiriviche - Heaven on Earth"
- "...the northern gate..."
- "The last stop of the trip!"
- "come to Chichiriviche"
- "las mejores rumbas en el caribe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chichiriviche
- Hotels in Chichiriviche
- Transportation in Chichiriviche
- Restaurants in Chichiriviche
- Shopping in Chichiriviche
- Warnings and Dangers in Chichiriviche
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chichiriviche
- 17 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Chichiriviche?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chichiriviche
- Posted in Travel Almuñécar Forum "Re: Outlets or big shops near..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Morrocoy National Park - Beauty at Every Turn"
- updated a Chichiriviche Travel Page "Chichiriviche - Heaven on Earth"
- Wrote a Review Posadas and Inns in Chichiriviche Hotels
- Commented on one of ezaguryk's Chichiriviche travel pages
Photos in ChichirivicheSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Brighton Intro, 64 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almuñécar Intro, 33 reviews, 57 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venezuela Intro, 25 reviews, 60 photos
- Granada Intro, 23 reviews, 46 photos
- Boston Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Salobreña Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chichiriviche Intro, 17 reviews, 32 photos
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 33 photos
- London Intro, 21 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Aruba Intro, 19 reviews, 23 photos