"Yalova : City of Thermal Waters" Yalova Ili by basak
Yalova Ili Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 51 photos
On 2007 April, me and friends visited Yalova on a sunny Sunday. It takes only 1 hour driving from bursa. We directly went to Termal (Thermal) district of the city. First we had a lovely village-breakfast.
Then bought tickets for sauna-hamam-swimming pool. Although the wheather was a little bit cool, and swimming pool is at the open air we were not cold as soon as we swim in the hot waters of the pool.
I recommend everybody to visit this nice place. This healthy waters was used by kings of Byzantine since third century. This antique hamams were renovated and became world's most famous health tourism center at the end of the 18th century. But when the 1. World War begun foreign partners had left the country and this place was forgotten. When first president of Turkey visited Yalova in 1929, he worked hard on making it a tourism center again.
You can visit Yalova Thermal for a day or stay in one of the hotels for a couple of days...It is possible to visit the museum inside, you coul make trekkings arround, go to the lake near by or to the waterfalls...It is a lovely place to spend time and rest.
Please visit www.yalovatermal.com for more info
basak's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Yalova Ili
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Yalova Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yalova Ili
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bursa Intro, 31 reviews, 78 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sivas Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Adana Ili Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos
- Seattle Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Ankara Intro, 7 reviews, 17 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beypazari Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gokceada Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Zeytinbagi Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Turkey Intro, 7 reviews, 6 photos