"Entering 2007 at Alacati" Alacati by basak

Alacati Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 198 photos

Decision to go to Alacati

I've visited Alacati for the first time at the end of 2006. Me and my familiy entered 2007 together at Alacati. It was a lovely vacation.

My parents had been to Alacati before and they insisted that me and my sister should have seen this little town as well. That is how we decided to go Alacati and we were happy with this choice.

Escape from metropols

Alacati is a small town near Cesme, Izmir. It is famous with its wind which make it a perfect place for wind-surfing. What is more interesting for me is its lovely old houses made of Alacati stone, narrow streets and nice shops and restaurants at those streets.

I've learned that Alacati became a popular place among those metropol-people who wanted to leave the chaos of big cities, start a new peaceful life in a small town. So many people who dream about such life and earning jobs like running a small restaurant or selling antique objects in a small town came to alacati buy/restore a house. That explains how it is possible to find such nice boutique shops in this small town.

Begonvil Otel

During our stay at Alacati we accomodated at Begonvil Otel. We enjoyed our stay a lot. The owner of this small hotel and and other guests 3-4 families spent time in the hotel like a family having meals together, chatting in the sitting room, etc. The owners of the hotel are not experienced at the hotel business but they are very hospitable and nice people, that is what makes the stay so nice.

• Last visit to Alacati: Dec 2006
  • Intro Written May 1, 2007

Comments

Badges & Stats in Alacati

Have you been to Alacati?

Latest Activity in Alacati