"Bursa.....Bursa" Top 5 Page for this destination Bursa by basak

Bursa Travel Guide: 257 reviews and 646 photos

My childhood in Bursa

My family moved Bursa when i was 12. I finished the high school there and then left the town for university education. After getting my university degree, i turned back Bursa. Now, i live in Ankara, but i prefer Bursa for living.

Short information about Bursa

Bursa is the 5th biggest city of Turkey. 2 million people are living in it. It stands on the slopes of Uludag (Mount Olimpos of Mysia) which is a famous winter-sports center. Its history dates back to Byzantine, however it is mostly known as being the first capital of the Ottoman Empires. It is famous for its hot springs, being the first ski-center of Turkey, being a very green city (not that much anymore)...

My blog about Bursa

In last days, i prepeared a blog on Bursa. Those of you who know Turkish can find lots of information about Bursa on my blog .I would be very happy if you visit it.

Some Recommendations....

There are lovely and peaceful places around Bursa, i will try to give information about them, too. Please visit Zeytinbagi and Kumyaka pages.

• Last visit to Bursa: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 4, 2006

• mvtouring's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2009 at 3:59 AM

Hmm, looking forward to buying some silk stuff here. Thanks for great tips, going to be very helpful next month when I visit Bursa ;-)

• PierreZA's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Very nice page to read, thank you!

• GeriVA's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I visited the tree in May, 2008. Our guides were 2 Turkish students studying at our local university I knew we were in a small village outside of Bursa, but didn't know the name. This will help me remember details of our side trip! Thank you. Geri Jones

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 8:48 AM

Great page here Basak. Thanks for sharing. best wishes. Bora

• explore_discover's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2008 at 12:14 PM

I have been to your wonderfull city twice last year and its deffinetly on my most favorit places.

• brkilbourne's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Enjoyed the Bursa pages. It sure has made big changes in 40 years.

• fachd's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2008 at 12:59 AM

Hi Basak, your Bursa page is great, Ive been there but only for one night. Cheers Fari

• Luchonda's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2007 at 5:24 PM

thx for the good info, esp. on the hotel Efehan. Greetz from Belgium

• Jun 12, 2007 at 2:26 AM

i've participated in this festival in 1993. it was a great & rich experience for me. & bursa is such an amazing city

• amouramour's Profile Photo