"Istanbul Memories" Istanbul by basak

Istanbul Travel Guide: 7,887 reviews and 20,398 photos

Istanbul is a lovely city. I am so lucky that i spent my childhood and then my university years in this lovely city. But believe me coming to Istanbul as a tourist is much more fun then living in the city. Now, i live in Ankara but i try to use every oppurtunity to visit Istanbul.

Lastly i had visited Istanbul at the end of March for a busines trip. It was a one-day trip, but i had a chance to wander around at Istiklal Street and eat mussels at Cicek Pasaji....What a lovely place !!! See the photos of that trip here

That weekend, i could not stop myself going to Istanbul again, to spend some free time at Istanbul I wish. Yes, i made 6 hour bus-travel again within the same week just to spend 1 day and come back to Ankara that night. It worths to see the redbuds of Istanbul.

Before that, i visited Istanbul on November 2005 ,during the Sugar- Fest. I went there for visiting family members, but i could also visited some places i always wanted to see. I added some tips after that trip. Please have a look at them.

• Pros:history, redbuds, cultrual activities
  • Cons:heavy trafic
  • Last visit to Istanbul: Nov 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 4, 2006

basak Visits Here Frequently!

Badges & Stats in Istanbul

Have you been to Istanbul?

Latest Activity in Istanbul