"Dhanushkodi" Rameswaram by navendu_shirali
Rameswaram Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 62 photos
Dhanushkodi- one of the most toughest place to see sunrise, as u need to reach there by a truck which will costs 900rs for a breakeven for 15 km sand journey.and you need to be very lucky to get a vehicle at early morning hours, taking the long journey into account.
Helicop view of Dhanushkodi, this landscape is seperates bay of bengal and indian ocean. and also is supposed to be the place where the sethu, the bridge done to reach Lanka , during Ramayana.
It was Pranav and myself who intially left for Rameswaram, but destiny made us make new pals, Orla and Cludia. So 4 of us teamed up for Dhanushkodi sunrise and instead of reaching sunrise, we reached around 9.30 am. Neverthless the place was too beautiful !! look all coral coast !!
Our President APJ Kalam was born in this island. the place has beauty that cant be expressed. one has to go here.
May be, millions of years ago..Ram was here.
navendu_shirali's Related Pages
Rameswaram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Let Me Tell You A Story"
- "Thirty Feet Above The Ocean"
- "A Major Pilgrim Centre Down South"
- "Rameswaram: renowned Hindu Pilgrimage center"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rameswaram
- Hotels in Rameswaram
- Transportation in Rameswaram
- Shopping in Rameswaram
- Warnings and Dangers in Rameswaram
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rameswaram
- 0 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Rameswaram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rameswaram
Top 10 Pages
- Hyderabad Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Gujarat Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rameswaram Intro, 4 photos
- State of Tamil Nadu Intro, 3 photos
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Intro, 3 photos
- Bangalore Intro, 3 photos
- Mamallapuram Intro, 3 photos
- Udagamandalam Intro, 3 photos
- Kanniyakumari Intro, 3 photos
- Thanjavur Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.