"ROCKFORT TEMPLE- can anything beat this" Tiruchchirappalli by navendu_shirali
Tiruchchirappalli Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 116 photos
Now i have seen many temples in my life but this is truely beyond all those. the entire temple is inside a stone mountain. meaning imagine a 83meter high stone mountain single structure hollow inside with 2 levels of temples inside them.
the shiva temple is on second level and first level has temple for Parvathi. the temple has outstanding tall pillars on whom the floors rest. all this has been made from a monolithic stone. i guess they must have started construction from outside first to inside.
On the extreme top point, is a Ganesh temple, which gives a nice view of the entire expanse of the city, the river cauvery, and amazing sunrise and sunset view. but difficult to get a snap of sunset as temple stairs face sunrise.
campus is 60 heactares, all the best while walking around. in sri rangathaswamy temple, an average darshan can take around 2 hours minimum time. carry water and be ready to sweat. with bad ventilation similar to all south indian temples. the Vishnu idol is worth all this struggle, its an amazing sight to see the beautiful make of the idol and an entire experience is wonderful.
navendu_shirali's Related Pages
Tiruchchirappalli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ordinary Town - Extraordinary Heritage !"
- "Trichy and Srirangam"
- "Pictures of Trichy"
- "ROCKFORT TEMPLE- can anything beat this"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tiruchchirappalli
- Hotels in Tiruchchirappalli
- Transportation in Tiruchchirappalli
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tiruchchirappalli
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Tiruchchirappalli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tiruchchirappalli
Photos in TiruchchirappalliSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Hyderabad Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 2 travelogues
- State of Gujarat Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos, 2 travelogues
- Rameswaram Intro, 4 photos
- State of Tamil Nadu Intro, 3 photos
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Intro, 3 photos
- Bangalore Intro, 3 photos
- Mamallapuram Intro, 3 photos
- Kanniyakumari Intro, 3 photos
- Udagamandalam Intro, 3 photos
- Thanjavur Intro, 3 photos
No friends yet.