"Trip to Melbourne with SONS" Melbourne by MaryannPteo
Melbourne Travel Guide: 3,515 reviews and 8,044 photos
We, SONS ( Symphony Orchestra Negeri Sarawak ) is a group choir representing the State and had the privilege to perform a concert at Monash University in Melbourne. There were 76 of us, singers and musicians. We had a very good concert with all local native and Malaysian songs.
SONS sing anything from classical, pop, broadways musical as well as patriotic songs . There are about 40 of us in the choir and singing with voices SATB.
This was our first experience overseas and we were all excited for the trip
Melbourne is a cold place , and at hat time of the year it was minus 5 and still very cold, and you can feel the cold breeze when you walked out at night. People over there are most friendly , but it was a quiet place. When we arrived Melbourne an 8 hours flight from Kuala Lumpur, additional 1hour 45 mins flight from Kuching , took us about 10 hours flight in all to travel there and reached there early morning at 0400 hours .The road was quiet and peaceful and I do like it there and so was everyone
Picture of our SONS group after the performance at the Monash Hall, whereby it is nearby to the place we are staying. We have to take a bus to the City itself, quite a distance but we do not have much time to look around at that time during our one week stay
- Pros:Friendly people , cool and peaceful environment
- In a nutshell:When you order something it comes in a real huge plate!!!
MaryannPteo's Related Pages
Melbourne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wherever I Lay My Hat - That's My Home"
- "Melbourne - Our Home for 2005 and 2006"
- "Melbourne is a Dive"
- "IMPREXXION: MELBOURNE"
- "Melbourne - The Place to Be"
- "Sweetberry's "Melbourne Page""
- "Melbourne - My Second Home !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melbourne
- Hotels in Melbourne
- Transportation in Melbourne
- Nightlife in Melbourne
- Restaurants in Melbourne
- Shopping in Melbourne
- Warnings and Dangers in Melbourne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melbourne
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Melbourne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melbourne
Top 5 Pages
- Kuching Intro, 15 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 photos