Kuching Off The Beaten Path Tips by MaryannPteo
Kuching Off The Beaten Path: 52 reviews and 102 photos
It is somehow rare these fruits can only be found in certain countries. It is a fruit oval in shape and with spikey skins. Many foreign tourists do not like the smell as it has rather strong smell but tastes good. It is seasonal, twice a year mostly middle or end of the year.
In Kuching many of durian trees grow wildly in the forest.
This fruit has high cholestrol but can filled your tummy and you can skip lunch or dinner if you take it. Avoid liquor after taking these fruits.
In picture no. 2 , those tourists went for a longhouse trip and on the way back we saw some durians on the way back at the roadside. As a tourguide, I asked them to try, some liked it but not all.
More Reviews (14)
- Sarawak Pepper and Birds Nest
- Transport around Kuching area
- See All Moon Cake Festival
- See All Plants and animals
- Items tourists should bring along
MaryannPteo's Related Pages
Kuching Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cat City"
- "The Liveable, Green Cat City Welcomes you Back"
- "A Quick Two Day Stay In Beautiful Kuching"
- "Kuching - City of Cats"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kuching
- Hotels in Kuching
- Transportation in Kuching
- Nightlife in Kuching
- Restaurants in Kuching
- Shopping in Kuching
- Warnings and Dangers in Kuching
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kuching
- 15 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Kuching?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kuching
Top 5 Pages
- Kuching Intro, 15 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Perth Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Europe Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Switzerland Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Intro, 3 photos
- Semenggoh Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre- 13 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Sarawak River Cruise- 9 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Sarawak Cultural Village- 18 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Sarawak Museum- 25 Reviews, 53 Photos
- Bako National Park- 14 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Market- 10 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Cat Statues- 17 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Carpenter Street- 6 Reviews, 10 Photos
- Waterfront- 10 Reviews, 20 Photos
- Tua Pek Kong Temple- 13 Reviews, 25 Photos
See All Kuching Things to Do