"Steel Magnolias" Natchitoches by Little_Lou_Lou
Natchitoches Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 160 photos
Nack o dish
My sister attended school here at LSMSA for three years. We visited often and have had many good times. The most impressive feature of this small town is their festival of lights at Christmas. Everything in town is covered and they have a big fireworks display on Christmas eve (a Louisiana tradition so that Santa Clause can find his way down the bayou).
The movie Steel Magnolias was filmed here during the summertime, which was amusing because they put up the festival lights in mid-July to accommodate. Everytime it shows the scene during christmas I really feel for the actors in their sweaters and coats, knowing it was about 90 degrees out!
Little_Lou_Lou's Related Pages
Natchitoches Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Old Town NATCHITOCHES"
- "Oldest Settlement in the Lousiana Purchase"
- "Night of Noels near Natchitoches!"
- "Basaic Natchitoches Page"
- "A well preserved town on the river."
- "Keeweechic's Natchitoches"
- "Natchitoches Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Natchitoches
- Hotels in Natchitoches
- Transportation in Natchitoches
- Nightlife in Natchitoches
- Restaurants in Natchitoches
- Shopping in Natchitoches
- Warnings and Dangers in Natchitoches
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Natchitoches
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Natchitoches?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Natchitoches
Photos in NatchitochesSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 23 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Stanford Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Cumberland Falls State Park Intro, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Kentucky Intro, 2 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pineville Intro, 2 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Danville Intro, 5 reviews, 16 photos, 3 travelogues
- Baltimore Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hendersonville Intro, 18 photos, 3 travelogues
- New Haven Intro, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Somerset Intro, 14 photos, 3 travelogues