"Almost home" Breaux Bridge by Little_Lou_Lou

Breaux Bridge Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 23 photos

Close, but no cigar

Bro Bridge

I lived near here as a child in a amall town called Henderson. As there is not much there, we usually came here for entertainment, grocery shopping, etc.

Breaux Bridge has a rich and interesting heritage, filled with intrigue, heroism and legend. They are a closely knit community of neighbors who've weathered storms, war and floods, among other things. But what really sets them apart from any other area of the country is their unique culture. Nowhere else can you find the perfect balance of great food, history, nature, architecture, and joie de vivre (joy of life) that they have in Breaux Bridge.

I miss the hurricanes terribly...

• Pros:FOOD!!!!!!
  • Cons:a little intimidating if one is not used to the culture
  • In a nutshell:Wonderful place to visit!
  • Last visit to Breaux Bridge: Jun 1987
  • Intro Updated Oct 11, 2005

• Rabbityama's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 4:16 PM

Nice pictures and thorough tips! Keep it up!

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2005 at 12:43 PM

It took me a minute to figure out those were crawfish in the picture!! You know, I haven't had these yet? Eating just one of these critters is on my To Do List :)

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2005 at 3:34 AM

I love me some Crawfish!

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2005 at 11:24 AM

I love crawfish and other delicious creatures! So sorry for the veggies.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2005 at 10:00 PM

Lovely page but as I am a vege bit gruesome re eating live things. Even after they are dead.

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Mar 11, 2005 at 7:44 AM

Crawfish town, huh!? Great page!

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2005 at 11:30 PM

Sucking heads off Crawfish hahahahahahahaha, the nearest we get to fresh fish in my town is a tin of tuna, i'll try it with that hahahahahaha.

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2005 at 7:04 PM

Ah, so now I have heard of Beau Bridge. Nice start! Maybe it should twin with Ludlow, the food capital of England :-)

Little_Lou_Lou

“My body has certainly wandered a good deal, but I have an uneasy suspicion that my mind has not wandered enough.”

Badges & Stats in Breaux Bridge

Have you been to Breaux Bridge?

Latest Activity in Breaux Bridge