"The call of the jungle" Top 5 Page for this destination Tambopata by CrazyShoes
Tambopata Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 63 photos
We stayed near the Candamo Reserve, where a variety of sounds and sight can be enjoyed.
One can find an incomparable variety of insects - in butterflies alone you can find 1,200 species - and within the flora, there are more than 10,000 species of trees, among them lapuna, chihuahuaco, renaco and quinilla.
The Tambopata Candamo Reserve was created in 1990, not far from our Inotawa Lodge. It is considered one of the places of greatest bio-diversity on our planet. It is one of the few places in the Amazonian rainforest where great mammals (up to 200 species) such as the jaguar, giant otter, tapir, wild pig, and many species of monkeys, etc. can still be seen. Hey...we were in the jungle! We just never ran into Tarzan.
- Pros:So far from home, the creatures, the sounds of the jungle
- Cons:Can be hit or miss
- In a nutshell:Watch out..a caiman!"
Your guide will surely take you on a day and night walk through the jungle. Stay close to your group. We almost got lost... more travel advice
Pack light. There could be restrictions on the canoe based on how many people are on it. Some places let you leave bags... more travel advice
CrazyShoes' Related Pages
Tambopata Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tambopata and Madre de Dios"
- "Into the Amazon"
- "The call of the jungle"
- "Amazon Experience 2001"
- "Ecotourism at its best"
- "Tambopata- Refugio Amazonas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tambopata
- Hotels in Tambopata
- Transportation in Tambopata
- Nightlife in Tambopata
- Restaurants in Tambopata
- Warnings and Dangers in Tambopata
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tambopata
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Tambopata?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tambopata
Top 5 Pages
- Galápagos Islands Intro, 12 reviews, 73 photos, 5 travelogues
- Quito Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 4 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tambopata Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Vancouver Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.