Chincoteague Hotel Tips by keida84 Top 5 Page for this destination
Chincoteague Hotels: 18 reviews and 16 photos
Welcome to The Inn at Poplar Corner
I found the inn at Poplar Corner through an internet search as I was quite unfamiliar with the areas of Greenbackville and Chincoteague Island. The bed and breakfast was awarded by "Arrington's Bed and Breakfast Journal" as "The Best B & B for watching Wildlife".
The Inn offers 4 rooms each with it's own distinct charm, each offers a queen size bed,ceiling fans,
and sitting areas. We stayed in the "Baywatch" room. On the second floor it has huge Bay windows that looked out over the bay. It had a very comfortable Queen size bed, I practically need a ladder to get up in it. It has air conditioning for the summer months, a small refrigerator, a beautiful armoire in which to hangs your clothes and store your bags. The best feature of this room was the jacuzzi tubs (each of the rooms have them) and if jacuuzi is not your style, it doubles as a shower. **NOTE: The tub does have a grab bar to assist you in and out of the tub, but it should be noted that this can be a problem for people with mobility disorders--exercise caution when using the tub
The Inn offers a incredible breakfast in the morning. I enjoyed the egg casserole and the potato dish that Karen had prepared as well as a vast array of breads, muffins, and cereals. The Inn also offers coffee, tea and other beverages throughout the day along with Karen's cookies (she made ginger snaps that were delectable) and a "wine cake" that was made with chardonnay wine. Oh boy, I needed a walk on the beach just to digest my breakfast!
Unique Qualities: I enjoyed the fact that the rooms have no TV or phone in the rooms. The Inn also offers free use of bicycles, beach chairs, beach towels, and binoculars. But my favorite part of the Inn was the wrap around veranda--this is where we had our breakfast. It was a bit chilly that morning as we visited in the Fall,but we bundled up and enjoyed our breakfast. The hospitality shown to us made our visit that much better. And talk about a small town atmosphere, our hostess, Karen turned out to be good friends with Paul's cousins who live in Greenbackville!
The Inn closes it's doors in November for the winter months and re-opens in the Spring.
Address: 4248 Main Street Chincoteague Island, VA 23336
Comparison: about average
Phone: 757 336 6115
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
More Reviews (6)
keida84's Related Pages
Chincoteague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fabulous Little Island"
- "Quiet Island"
- "How does one pronouce "Chincoteague"?"
- "Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge at Assateagu"
- "Chincoteague and Assateague Islands"
- "TOMHET's new Chincoteague page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chincoteague
- Hotels in Chincoteague
- Transportation in Chincoteague
- Nightlife in Chincoteague
- Restaurants in Chincoteague
- Shopping in Chincoteague
- Warnings and Dangers in Chincoteague
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hotel Alize Grenelle Tour Eiffel Paris
- Coral Garden Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Best Western Lord Manaus
- Windjammer Condominiums
- The Townhouse Hotel Cape Town
- Fort Rajwada
- Sand Island Beach Cottages
- Super 8 Independence/Kansas City Area
- Grand Hotel Bulgaria
- Ibis Chur
- Occidental Caribbean Village Cancun
- Hotel-Restaurant Kapos
- The Beach Villas
Badges & Stats in Chincoteague
- 7 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Chincoteague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chincoteague
- Posted in Travel Hanalei Forum "Re: Place to stay in Hanalei off..."
- updated a Chincoteague Travel Page "How does one pronouce "Chincoteague"?"
- Wrote a Review Walkin', Yes indeed I'm Walkin' in Chincoteague Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Walkin', Yes indeed I'm Walkin'"
- Commented on one of jelw's Chincoteague travel pages
Photos in ChincoteagueSee All Photos (19)
Read real reviews about Chincoteague Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Oahu Intro, 42 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 89 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 28 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ventura Intro, 30 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 20 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Capistrano Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (74)
Latest Chincoteague hotel reviews