"Long Island, Someone Could Make a Fortune Here" Top 5 Page for this destination Long Island by keida84

Long Island Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 203 photos

No Decent Accomodations

We went to visit my Aunt and Uncle in West Babylon and we tried very hard to find decent accomodations to stay in.

My Aunt and Uncle who are in their 80's even tried and all they could find was the $20.00 an hour type, if you get my drift? *wink, wink*

What kind of a neighborhood did they move into? Actually a very nice one with no decent hotel, motel or bed and breakfast for miles.

SO if anyone who reads this page is looking for a change of pace, you would make a FORTUNE if you started a bed and breakfast or even a chain hotel like Days Inn or Microtel. West Babylon is ripe for the picking!

• Last visit to Long Island: Mar 2005
  • Intro Updated Apr 29, 2005

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Would still be great to see this page moved to the correct location rather than in the middle of the Adirondacks, where you have it. Pam :-)

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 8:14 AM

Cold coffee....Oh my God. LOL

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2006 at 4:31 AM

The next time I see Lumpy, I'll have to mention the "coffee plot". HeHe!

• nicolaitan's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2005 at 11:32 AM

i drive in front of that dumpy motel often. Believe me, there are worse. It is amazing that much of long island does not offer a decent place to overnight. Several miles N for your next trip on 110 consider the Hilton or better the Marriott on the LIE

• spgood301's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2005 at 8:43 AM

Next time I'm on "the Island", I'll have to stop by Katie Daleys-looks like a good place!

• MrBill's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2005 at 3:47 AM

If you wake the dead, there are a few people I would like you to say hello to. Have fun in Edmonton. I guess you are going earlier than planned? Bill.

keida84

“Travels by armchair now and sometimes by train. Profile photo: VT trading card..”

Badges & Stats in Long Island

Have you been to Long Island?

Latest Activity in Long Island