Las Vegas Things to Do Tips by keida84
Las Vegas Things to Do: 2,446 reviews and 4,583 photos
Hand to Hand
Mystere at Treasure Island is a circus unlike I have ever seen before. A mystical, primordial extravaganza celebrating the human condition. Overwhelming scenery, you never know where to look at any given time, because at any given time something extraordinary is occurring! Original music, costumes and talent beyond your wildest imagination saturates your senses and transport you for 2 hours to another universes where gravity is defied on a regular basis.
My favorite is the "hand to hand" 2 brothers who stand atop a rotating dome, with a remarkable display of sheer strength and endurance go through gravity-defying body positions. Our seats were 2nd row center, I was so close I could see just 1 drop of sweat fall and the miniscule flicker of a bicep and no other signs of strain or effort were noted. Amazing!!!
My other favorite was the red bird girl who tumbled using a row of trampolines. How can she possibly turn her back handsprings with such velocity?!! The clowns are hysterical and the audience is drawn into play as well. I so enjoyed this show that I would consider returning for another show. Cirque du Soliel has several shows in Las Vegas....Zumanity, O , Ka, and Mystere and the new show with George Martin of the Beatles fame who arranged this show about the Beatles called, "LOVE." All of the shows are well worth the price of admission.
In September 2006 CatherineCG and I went to the Bellagio Hotel to see "O." This show is best viewed up in the balcony so you can see into the 1.5 million gallon tank of water that is part of the stage. High dives and trapeze acts leave you reeling with thoughts about the human body and its' capabilites! The staging of "O" must have been a huge undertaking!
Address: Various hotels on the Las Vegas Strip
One of the things I enjoy doing is traveling to places such as "Spa Destinations" I have been to many, many Spas both expensive and ones that are not so expensive. Some of the better Spas in Las Vegas are: The Canyon Ranch at the Venetian (yes, the same Canyon Ranch in Tucson, AZ), The Spa at Bally's, The Hard Rock hotel, The Luxor and the Spa at Treasure Island. I recently enjoy the facilities at The Spa at the Treasure Island, they have state of the art gym equipment as well as a full women's spa and men's spa.
Prior to the appointment time, I went to the gym. I had no work out gear with me so the staff at Treasure Island was quick to offer shorts and a T-shirt. I got a 20 minutes session on the treadmill prior to my facial.
When I made the appointment there was very few little time slots to be had. I had the express mini facial, indivual lashes and a brow shaping (that is all there was time for.) The facialist, Lea had the BEST hands for facial massage. I thought about the quality of the Express facial and would I truely benefit from it? Yes I did as the facial was wonderful, I did not feel slighted at all.
Then, I went into the Spa and used the dry sauna, took a shower with quite the array of products and implements needed. Redken Shampoo, Conditioner, hair mousse, razors, body soap,lotion, listerine, q-tips, deodorant, hair dryers, curling irons. There was tea, coffee and fruit laid out for general consumption. Bathrobe and water shoes were provided as well as a locker to put your belongs in.
Address: 3300 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Directions: It is found on the west side of Las Vegas Blvd., between the Mirage and Fashion Show Mall.
Phone: (702) 894-7111
Give us a fish!
I was a bit skeptical about dolphins in the desert but there are 8 Atlantic bottlenose dolphins at the Mirage Hotel in Las Vegas.
A bit expensive for the 15 minute tour ($12.00) but that also provides admission into the Secret Garden of Siegfried and Roy where you can see rare white tigers and other endangered species.
The dolphins live in a 2.5 million gallon saltwater tank and seem to be very connected to their trainers. There is an underwater observation tank and vistitors can watch tapes of baby dolphins who were born at the habitat.
Hours: Week days 11-7 Week ends: 10 -7
Secret Garden closed on Wednesdays.
Address: 3400 S. Las Vegas Blvd
Directions: Next door to Treasure Island, on the strip!
Phone: (702) 791-7111
More Reviews (7)
- There is a valet at the door
- Planning a wedding or vow renewal
- Treasure Island, Las Vegas
keida84's Related Pages
Las Vegas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Las Vegas - Always Updating!"
- "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas!"
- "A tourists view of Las Vegas"
- "Vegas - City with a sleeping disorder"
- "las vegas"
- "Viva Las Vegas"
- "Las Vegas: An Escape From Reality"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Vegas
- Hotels in Las Vegas
- Transportation in Las Vegas
- Nightlife in Las Vegas
- Restaurants in Las Vegas
- Shopping in Las Vegas
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Vegas
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Vegas
- 10 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Las Vegas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Vegas
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Transport from airport"
- Commented on one of Dabs's Las Vegas travel pages
- updated a Las Vegas Travel Page "Las Vegas...Land of Lost Wages"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Las Vegas...Land of Lost Wages"
- Wrote a Review There is a valet at the door about Rental Car/Car in Las Vegas Transportation
Photos in Las VegasSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Oahu Intro, 42 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 89 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 28 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ventura Intro, 30 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 20 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Capistrano Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (76)
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (8)
- Fremont Street Experience- 132 Reviews, 243 Photos
- Treasure Island Hotel - Casino- 65 Reviews, 119 Photos
- Mirage- 121 Reviews, 203 Photos
- Bellagio Fountains- 139 Reviews, 272 Photos
- Luxor- 78 Reviews, 140 Photos
- Lake Mead and Hoover Dam- 92 Reviews, 249 Photos
- Grand Canyon- 70 Reviews, 137 Photos
- Paris Hotel - Casino- 79 Reviews, 171 Photos
- Wynn Las Vegas- 26 Reviews, 104 Photos
- The Strip- 94 Reviews, 190 Photos
See All Las Vegas Things to Do