"Take Me Back To That Little Pine Shack" Grant Grove Village by keida84
Grant Grove Village Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 4 photos
Being a native Californian who is also a native Los Angelean I did not have much experience with snow. Okay go ahead and laugh but I can ride out an earthquake better than you can.
That being said, let's go back to snow. I simply LOVE the snow. I don't have to live in it, I don't have to shovel it, I don't have to keep the pipes from freezing. I can just enjoy it. The technology of clothes is superior that I don't get cold and I look good doing it.
One of my favorite places in Grant Grove Village in the King's Canyon Sequoia National Park. These are pine shacks with woodstoves for heat. There are knots in the walls so the air comes in. It is snow camping without the hassle of a tent.
The bathrooms are communal but the showers...oh divine! It is like a waterfall only hot!
Sadly, you can no longer rent these shacks in the winter. You can in the summer but in the winter you must rent the cabins with a regular heating system. Sad but true, all good things must come to an end.
- Pros:The best way to camp in the snow
- Cons:They only have propane heated cabins nowadays
- In a nutshell:No lights no phones no motor cars not a single luxury! :-)
keida84's Related Pages
Grant Grove Village Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Grant Grove Village
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Grant Grove Village?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grant Grove Village
Top 10 Pages
- Oahu Intro, 42 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 89 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 28 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ventura Intro, 30 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 20 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Capistrano Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue