"Cambria, California" Top 5 Page for this destination Cambria by keida84
Cambria Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 202 photos
I think Cambria must have a lot of Nitt Witts......so much so it required a sign post. Must be all that wine tasting.
South of San Simeon on Highway 1 is the town of Cambria,California.
Cambria is a delightful town with it's antique stores, old cemetery, artist colony with multiple galleries, shops, restaurants and varied hotels both in town and out along Moonstone Beach.
There are many nice hotels and bed & breakfast inns along Moonstone Beach Drive. It is our experience that staying at the north end of the road means less traffic and noise. So places such as The Blue Dolphin Inn, The Fog Catcher Inn and The San Simeon Pine Lodge are excellent choices.
Take a walk on the famed Moonstone Beach where semi-precious agate and jasper stones can be found along in the sand.
One of our favorite things to do is to visit the local cemetery. See my tip page for more information.
Linn's is a terrific restaurant and bakery on Main Street in Cambria. They feature Olallieberry jam and pies. Olallieberries are a cross between the Youngberry and the Loganberry.
Take your comfortable shoes as this town was made for walking. One of my favorite things to do is to walk the main "drag" of the town and go through the antique and vintage shops along the way.
Known as an "artist's town" you will enjoy the many varied froms of art displayed all over town, not just in the galleries but artists have their works for sale mounted on the walls of several restaraunts in the town.
Just south of Cambria is the artist colony with a population of 15. A little town called, "Harmony". They have a wedding chapel that has a front door fashioned from a wine barrel.
- Pros:An eclectic, charming and unique part of California
- Cons:Can be expensive
- In a nutshell:Where Monterey Pines Meet The Coast
If you are over 21 and like wine then a walk about Cambria's two villages will provide you with many opportunities to do... more travel advice
We decided one day to take off and go up to Cambria. It was a beautiful Saturday afternoon so we decided we better call... more travel advice
keida84's Related Pages
Cambria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Great place for the weekend"
- "Cambria, California"
- "A tiny, lovely page for a tiny, lovely place"
- "THE JEWEL OF HWY 1"
- "A nice spot for a weekend getaway"
- "A Nice Coastal Town"
- "Cambria East (and North)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cambria
- Hotels in Cambria
- Transportation in Cambria
- Nightlife in Cambria
- Restaurants in Cambria
- Shopping in Cambria
- Warnings and Dangers in Cambria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambria
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Cambria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambria
Top 10 Pages
- Oahu Intro, 42 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 89 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 28 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ventura Intro, 30 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 20 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Capistrano Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue