"Cambria, California" Top 5 Page for this destination Cambria by keida84

Cambria Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 202 photos

Nitt Witt's can be found anywhere

I think Cambria must have a lot of Nitt Witts......so much so it required a sign post. Must be all that wine tasting.

Eclectic and Charming

South of San Simeon on Highway 1 is the town of Cambria,California.

Cambria is a delightful town with it's antique stores, old cemetery, artist colony with multiple galleries, shops, restaurants and varied hotels both in town and out along Moonstone Beach.

There are many nice hotels and bed & breakfast inns along Moonstone Beach Drive. It is our experience that staying at the north end of the road means less traffic and noise. So places such as The Blue Dolphin Inn, The Fog Catcher Inn and The San Simeon Pine Lodge are excellent choices.

Take a walk on the famed Moonstone Beach where semi-precious agate and jasper stones can be found along in the sand.

One of our favorite things to do is to visit the local cemetery. See my tip page for more information.

Linn's is a terrific restaurant and bakery on Main Street in Cambria. They feature Olallieberry jam and pies. Olallieberries are a cross between the Youngberry and the Loganberry.

Take your comfortable shoes as this town was made for walking. One of my favorite things to do is to walk the main "drag" of the town and go through the antique and vintage shops along the way.

Known as an "artist's town" you will enjoy the many varied froms of art displayed all over town, not just in the galleries but artists have their works for sale mounted on the walls of several restaraunts in the town.

Just south of Cambria is the artist colony with a population of 15. A little town called, "Harmony". They have a wedding chapel that has a front door fashioned from a wine barrel.

• Pros:An eclectic, charming and unique part of California
  • Cons:Can be expensive
  • In a nutshell:Where Monterey Pines Meet The Coast
  • Last visit to Cambria: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 27, 2007

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2009 at 11:50 AM

Hi Kat, trust you are feeling well today. Just a note on Linn's. I was recently there and will return in two weeks. Fancy but seemed good to me. See my page: Cambria Restaurant Tips by travelgourmet Keep smiling. Regards, Larry

• cnango's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2008 at 7:22 PM

What a shame about Linn’s the Oallieberry Pie tradition sounded gr8.Interesting about walking a cemetery, I wouldn’t have thought to do that.The Fog Catcher Inn sounds like an awesome place. Thanks for the virtual tour of Cambria.

• atufft's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Nice images and comments for Cambria, a little town that we also loved.

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2006 at 7:05 AM

Good tips about Cambria, Kat. Hope you are enjoying your trip in Orlando.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 8:38 PM

Ooh, but I do LOVE cheese :-) It's the green things I have a problem with, need to work on that, I think I have a box of green Jello somewhere ;-)

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2005 at 4:39 AM

We actually stopped in Cambria on our last trip. I loved the little specialty shops and the artsy feel to the community.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2005 at 7:04 AM

Wow Kit Kat that is a room holey Moley that is a beautiful Hotel room . Yes we drove through Cambia Lori says she remembers the cute little place

• giampiero6's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2005 at 12:45 PM

Hey cool...I really love the area around/near morrro bay

• Feb 25, 2005 at 11:25 AM

Have you even seen the Great American Vaudeville Show in Cambria/Oceano? It's a wonderful trip back in time, I reccommend it highly.

• jojocan's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2005 at 5:39 PM

Fog Catcher Inn. Even the name has charm! I have a cemetary I visit a lot - always put flowers on the graves of the children of one family - 4 kids, none made it over the age of 7. So sad!

keida84

“Travels by armchair now and sometimes by train. Profile photo: VT trading card..”

Badges & Stats in Cambria

Have you been to Cambria?

Latest Activity in Cambria