Caloundra Things to Do Tips by keida84 Top 5 Page for this destination

Caloundra Things to Do: 25 reviews and 51 photos

Tents shelter the crafts - Caloundra

Tents shelter the crafts

Eumundi Market

You can find the Eumundi Market in the little town of Eumundi. Their policy is it must be: baked, designed, hand sewn or grows. Every Saturday and Wednesday, under the shade of the Hertitage fig, the marketplace comes alive with people from all walks of life to purchase fruit, vegetables, to hand crafted items such as a "didgeridoo" an aboringinal instrument that makes a queer yet pleasant sound.

Stop and taste the items the market has to offer. I tried the small round pancake puffs (the name eludes me) with butter, lemon juice and powdered sugar, mmmm mmmm good! Addendum: "Colzy" Colleen wrote me and told me the name of these of pancakes, they are known as: "poffertjes". Thanks Colleen!

Address: On Memorial Drive in Eumundi

Directions: In the historical center of Eumundi

Phone: 07 5442 7106

• Updated Apr 4, 2011
Get your "face" happy - Caloundra

Get your "face" happy

Facials: One body and two "faces"

I enjoy Day Spas and whenever I travel I always like to make sure I get a massage or facial. I had a facial at "Aquarius Massage & Body Treatments Center." I must say that the ladies who run this Day Spa were quite accomodating for a short notice visit.

But what I really want to tell you about is a service they offer, and this is NO joke! They offer "butt facials" I saw this on the wall, I kid you not! I repressed the urge to bust out laughing because I wanted to know if this was for real?!

I asked the esthetician if in fact "butt facials" were popular. She said, "Oh yes, matter of fact I have one right after you" and she was serious, too!

Okay, I have heard it all, Butt facials, why would anyone in the world want a butt facial? I suppose if you were wearing a thong. Or then again it cuold be for those folks that have their head up their A**.

Everytime I think about it I ROFLMAO!

Address: Centre Shop 6 The Esplanade CALOUNDRA

Directions: Located on Dickey Beach

Phone: 07 5437 2489

• Updated Jul 10, 2005
Internet anyone? - Caloundra

Internet anyone?

Internet at the Beach

Here is a recommendation for an Internet Cafe that sits across from the beach. It is called "Shore Works Giftware and Internet Cafe".

They are open from 9:30am and close at 8:30pm. There are several computers for use and the price is $2.00 AUD for 15 minutes of use.

Smart idea this guy had putting the internet cafe in his gift shop, there were 2 women waiting for their husbands to finish using the web, so they did some shopping while they waited. Pretty clever, eh?

Address: Located in the Grand Pacific Resort Caloundra

Phone: 5491 9499

Website: http://www.shoreworks.com.au

To Market, To Market - Caloundra

To Market, To Market

Sun Coast Tours

I wanted to get out and see the sights while my husband relaxed with his book out on the balcony/patio. I had heard about the Eumundi Market while I was researching this trip. I found out that Suncoast Tours offered a trip, for $20.00 AUD I was "chauffered" along with 4 other couples in a van which took us to the marketplace.

The van had door to door service and came right to the front of the hotel's front doors. Our driver, Steve had lots of good information about the local areas we were passing through on our way to the market. Upon our arrival, he gave us a coupon for either a free coffee or a beer.

We agreed to meet up with him in a couple of hours. Then he drove us back via the way of a quaint little town called "Mooloolaba". I made mental note to come and visit this community.

Suncoast Day Tours offers a variety of tours: Wild Dolphin Feeding, Afternoon wine tasting, Shopping and sightseeing, Monteville and the Eumundi Marketplace.

Address: PO Box 93 Coolum Beach QLD

Phone: 07 5473 9488

Website: http://www.suncoasthalfdaytours.com

Caloundra Sunset - Caloundra

Caloundra Sunset

Caloundra Cruises

We took the Caloundra Cruise and as luck would have it, the night we took this trip was the last cruise of the season, Australia's winter started the next day.

There are several tours Caloundra Cruises offers. A daytime tour departs from Pelican Waters Tavern or try the departures from the Maloja pier. Each area offers two different times, morning or afternoon.

We opted for the sunset cruise. This sixty minute cruise takes you through the embayment. You are offered a glass of wine or a beer. The latter which my husband spilled all over the back of the boat!

How beautiful the water is and the sunset was just gorgeous.

The tours operate on a seasonal basis so check with them to see if the cruise you are interested in is in fact, running.

The cost was $20.00 AUD

Phone: 07 5492 8280

Website: http://www.caloundracruise.com

• Updated Jun 9, 2005
Bulcock Boardwalk - Caloundra

Bulcock Boardwalk

The Caloundra Beaches

There are many terrific beaches to visit along the area of the pumice stone passage and Bribie Island.

Golden Beach: A sheltered beach protected by the pumice stone passage.

Bulcock Beach: Is know for it's fishing spots

Kings Beach: Good Surfing and popular with families

Shelley Beach: Great for walking

Moffat Beach: Awesome views of the area

Dicky Beach: Very popular beach. There is a ship wreck on its shores

Currimundi Beach: Has a lake inside the park. Good surfing as well.

Wurtulla Beach: Long, unpatrolled beach

Kawana Beach: Excellent surf and views

All of these beaches offer something for everyone.

Address: Caloundra: On the Esplanade

Phone: 1 800 644 969

Meet me in the back of the Blue Bus - Caloundra

Meet me in the back of the Blue Bus

Magic Bus, Magic Bus

The songs from the "Who" and the "Doors" popped into my head everytime I saw the Blue Bus.

If you are too tired to walk, or the place you want to go is too far then I highly recommend SunBus. We were able to board the bus up the corner from our hotel. I never did get the fares straight because it seemed to change with every different driver.

However, we rode the bus one day up to Mooloolaba and the shopping centre in Kawana.

Buses will run late in some areas but in Caloundra they only ran ubtil 6:00pm or 1800.

The fares were reasonable and it was an inexpensive way to get around and see the sights. (we did not want to rent a car as driving on the opposite side of the road just didn't mesh with our brains).

Make sure you check the schedule careful due to route changes, seasonal changes or holiday schedule changes.

Address: Stops in Caloundra, Mooloolaba, Noosa Heads

Other Contact: 131230 TransInfo

Phone: 07 5450 7888

Website: http://www.sunbus.com.au

keida84

“Travels by armchair now and sometimes by train. Profile photo: VT trading card..”

Badges & Stats in Caloundra

Have you been to Caloundra?