Caloundra Hotel Tips by keida84 Top 5 Page for this destination
Caloundra Hotels: 3,281 reviews and 7 photos
The veiw from our balcony
We were fortunate as my brother has a timeshare which had time usage in Australia. Caloundra was not our first choice of places to stay but it turned out to be a great one.
The hotel is situated in an area called "Golden Beach" it faces Bribie Island which is a nature preserve. It is about 1.5 miles from the center of Caloundra where the shops, restaurants and library are located.
Each unit faces the water of the Coral Sea. Each unit is equipped with 1 to 3 bedrooms, a jaccuzzi tub, a small kitchen area (no oven) but 2 burners and a microwave oven, coffee maker, electric kettle, toaster, all dishware, glassware and cutlery needed.
There is a TV and VCR (the hotel has videos available for rent in the lobby) and a stereo.
The hotel is equipped with A/C and Central heating. We needed the heating at night as it became quite chilly.
The hotel has tennis courts, a small gym, a video arcade, internet access, 2 pools (adult and kiddie) and a spa.
We did not pay the rack rate at this hotel because it was a timeshare. We paid $200.00 total for our accomodations.
Unique Qualities: The most unique thing about this hotel/timeshare was the view from everyroom...they were all situated oceanfront. I think that was a great idea as the view is what it is all about. Watching the tide changes and hearing the different bird song as the day progressed, and watching the lights of Bulcock and Dikey beach go out every night by midnight.
Another unique quality (which has nothing to do with the hotel, really) was the birdsong we heard each morning. It was that of the Kookaburra bird. I saw the bird who bobbed up and down as he sang his song. We were able to catch a snippet of it on the voice recorder of my camera. Tres cool bird in a tres cool environment!
Address: 75 The Esplanade Golden Beach, Queensland, AU
Phone: 07 5437 4100
More Reviews (16)
- See All Facials: One body and two "faces"
- "Local" Stores Away From The Tourist...
- See All Queensland & Northern TerritoryAir...
- Getting To Know The Locals
keida84's Related Pages
Caloundra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caloundra, Queensland, Australia"
- "CALOUNDRA BY THE SEASIDE!"
- "A great laid back area of Queensland."
- "Best of Both - Surf and Still Water"
- "Lots of Holidays at Caloundra"
- "Some Love Caloundra Best"
- "Tranquil Beauty"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caloundra
- Hotels in Caloundra
- Transportation in Caloundra
- Restaurants in Caloundra
- Shopping in Caloundra
- Warnings and Dangers in Caloundra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Caloundra
- 17 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Caloundra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caloundra
- Posted in Travel Las Vegas Forum "Re: Where to buy"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Queensland & Northern TerritoryAir Service QUANTAS"
- Commented on one of Dani_aus's Caloundra travel pages
- updated a Caloundra Travelogue "Caloundra On the Sunshine Coast"
- Wrote a Review Facials: One body and two "faces" in Caloundra Things to Do
Photos in CaloundraSee All Photos (28)
Read real reviews about Caloundra Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Oahu Intro, 42 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 89 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 28 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ventura Intro, 30 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 20 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Capistrano Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue