"Caloundra, Queensland, Australia" Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra by keida84

Caloundra Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 118 photos

Caloundra...a diamond set among rubies, emeralds..

Caloundra, pronouced Cal-aun-dra is a jewel in Queensland. Located on the shores of the famous "Pumice Stone Passage," It gets its name from the ABorignal word meaning "beautiful headland or wonderful place". We were quite surprised to find out we were in a semi-tropical region. Sydney was chilly but Queensland were were able to swim and enjoy the sunshine, the nights however, were quite cool.

Friendly people and a good mass transit program makes getting to and from Caloundra a breeze.

The "main drag" was about 1.5 miles from our apartment, so this made for good exercise as we walked that distance well over 5 times.

Plenty of shopping, cinemas, restaurants, library, coffee houses and day spas to keep anyone happy.

Speaking of Day Spas, there is one on Bulcock Beach which, and I kid you not, specializes in "Butt Facials"OMG I quickly had to suppress my laughter as I found out that this was a legitament service the spa was offerring!! For more information please check my "Things to Do" tip page.

Excellent sunsets too!

This photo was taken aboard the sunset cruise we took looking West as the sun set.

Mooloolaba

Life revolves around the water in this community.

• Last visit to Caloundra: Jun 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2005

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Glad you enjoyed your stay in Caloundra. My grandparents have lived there since I was tiny so I feel like a local and it is great that you have found some of the off the beaten path secrets. Looking forward to reading some of you other pages.

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2007 at 1:45 PM

Good useful tips, thanks for sharing

• kymbanm's Profile Photo
    May 9, 2006 at 2:00 AM

Speaking of shoes ... have you seen the ones on Jojo's current ppp? OMG! They are to DIE for! When are you due home?

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 18, 2005 at 3:49 PM

great tips!

• Aleyd's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2005 at 7:20 PM

Hi Kat, Haven't been to Caloundra for years. Your pages brought back great memories. Aleyd/Cat :-)

• catalysta's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2005 at 2:12 PM

Now how could you resist going to Dickey Beach for a butt facial, I ask you!?! great page, lots of fun & good info too, thanks!...Wendy (PS hope you are having a great T-day)

• hotsauce28's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2005 at 9:59 PM

LMAO!!! oops...shhhh.....i have nephews sleeping...

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Sep 2, 2005 at 12:48 PM

VT Junkie -- say it isn't so Kat!! When I read the part of Mooloolaba I ROFLMAO!!!!! Love this page on Caloundra. Did you know that "poffertjes" is Dutch? BIG HUGS. Lori.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2005 at 11:46 PM

Hey Kat. What a lovely page!! Brought back many happy memories for me :o) Love the sunset pic over the water!! Cheers, Ann :o)

• Aug 20, 2005 at 7:50 PM

Butt facials at Dickey beach!! I had a good laugh at that. Cheers Anne

keida84

“Travel far and wide, travel close and near...no excuses anymore,,,just do it and be happy.”

Badges & Stats in Caloundra

Have you been to Caloundra?