"Caloundra, Queensland, Australia" Top 5 Page for this destination Caloundra by keida84
Caloundra Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 113 photos
Caloundra, pronouced Cal-aun-dra is a jewel in Queensland. Located on the shores of the famous "Pumice Stone Passage," It gets its name from the ABorignal word meaning "beautiful headland or wonderful place". We were quite surprised to find out we were in a semi-tropical region. Sydney was chilly but Queensland were were able to swim and enjoy the sunshine, the nights however, were quite cool.
Friendly people and a good mass transit program makes getting to and from Caloundra a breeze.
The "main drag" was about 1.5 miles from our apartment, so this made for good exercise as we walked that distance well over 5 times.
Plenty of shopping, cinemas, restaurants, library, coffee houses and day spas to keep anyone happy.
Speaking of Day Spas, there is one on Bulcock Beach which, and I kid you not, specializes in "Butt Facials"OMG I quickly had to suppress my laughter as I found out that this was a legitament service the spa was offerring!! For more information please check my "Things to Do" tip page.
This photo was taken aboard the sunset cruise we took looking West as the sun set.
Life revolves around the water in this community.
I enjoy Day Spas and whenever I travel I always like to make sure I get a massage or facial. I had a facial at "Aquarius... more travel advice
We wanted to go up north into the state of Queensland where Caloundra was located. Since Caloundra is a good distance... more travel advice
keida84's Related Pages
Caloundra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Caloundra, Queensland, Australia"
- "CALOUNDRA BY THE SEASIDE!"
- "A great laid back area of Queensland."
- "Best of Both - Surf and Still Water"
- "Lots of Holidays at Caloundra"
- "Tranquil Beauty"
- "Sunshine Coast"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Caloundra
- Hotels in Caloundra
- Transportation in Caloundra
- Restaurants in Caloundra
- Shopping in Caloundra
- Warnings and Dangers in Caloundra
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Caloundra
- 17 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 29 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Caloundra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Caloundra
- Posted in Travel Hanalei Forum "Re: Place to stay in Hanalei off..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Queensland & Northern TerritoryAir Service QUANTAS"
- Commented on one of Dani_aus's Caloundra travel pages
- updated a Caloundra Travelogue "Caloundra On the Sunshine Coast"
- Wrote a Review Facials: One body and two "faces" in Caloundra Things to Do
Photos in CaloundraSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Oahu Intro, 42 reviews, 82 photos, 5 travelogues
- Chicago Intro, 24 reviews, 89 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maui Intro, 28 reviews, 69 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ventura Intro, 30 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 20 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 57 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kauai Intro, 15 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Juan Capistrano Intro, 21 reviews, 32 photos
- Cancún Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (74)
Latest Caloundra hotel reviews
- Rydges Oasis Resort Caloundra
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Breakfree Grand Pacific Resort
- 195 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Pelican Waters
- 153 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013
- Quest Caloundra
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Ocean Views Resort
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Rolling Surf Resort
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013