"Campbell River" Campbell River by Twan
Campbell River Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 26 photos
Campbell River is a place on the East side of Vancouver Island The Campbell River Region has been inhabited for at least 8000 years - with good reason. The abundance of salmon and other bounty from the sea such as cod, clams, oysters and crab have always been an integral part of the appeal, whether for sustenance or sport. Long known for its focus on salmon,
Campbell River owes much of its recent development to its identification as a sportfishing mecca. For at least the last hundred years, recreational anglers have been drawn to the migration of millions of salmon passing by on their way to the local rivers where they were spawned years before. Chinook salmon can be caught all year long and other species come through in waves. And it's not just salmon: nearby lakes and rivers abound with steelhead and trout.
There is rarely a time when an intrepid angler needs to retire his rod for lack of opportunity. For a truly unique experience with the fish, try snorkelling among the salmon on their way up river. The Campbell river has recently been designated as a BC Heritage River and toward the end of summer it become so crowded with salmon struggling upstream that it seems to come alive. Guides and outfitters are ready to help you experience this incredible pilgrimage by taking you on a float down the river with wet suit and snorkel. Or you can stay on top, float along and just peer down into the crystal clear water. Either way, it's an incredible sight and, together with the eagles, kingfishers, bears and seals that follow the fish, an unforgettable experience.
Twan's Related Pages
Campbell River Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Campbell River–Salmon fishing at its best"
- "Glad to live in paradise"
- "My Childhood Playground"
- "Campbell River"
- "Campbell River, B.C."
- "Campbell River"
- "Campbell river"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Campbell River
- Hotels in Campbell River
- Restaurants in Campbell River
- Warnings and Dangers in Campbell River
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Campbell River
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Campbell River?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Campbell River
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (20)
Latest Campbell River hotel reviews
- Sandpiper Beach Resort
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 30, 2013
- Painters Lodge Holiday and Fishing Resort
- 217 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Anchor Inn And Suites
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 29, 2013
- Best Western Austrian Chalet
- 164 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Campbell River Lodge
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Coast Discovery Inn & Marina
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013