"Turkey" Turkey by Twan
Turkey Travel Guide: 25,330 reviews and 74,306 photos
Turkey, officially the Republic of Turkey (Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Sound (info · info)), is a transcontinental state, both in Asia and in Europe. Turkey is a democratic state and a parliamentary republic with a president at its head. The capital and seat of government of the country is Ankara.
The western part of the oldest and largest city of Istanbul, and the area west of it lies in Europe. The Asian and the European part are separated by the Dardanelles, the Sea of Marmara and the Bosphorus, which together with the Mediterranean Sea connecting the Black Sea.
Turkey is bordered by Bulgaria, Greece, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Iraq and Syria. Turkey has a total of 6530 km coastline. The country is largely in Asia, Anatolia, the peninsula between the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, but for political, historical and cultural reasons, often to Europe for a reason.
Twan's Related Pages
Turkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - a travell from east to west"
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT ?"
- "My Turkey - real and virtual"
- "Turkey's Magnificent Riviera"
- "Travels in Turkey"
- "Turkey: Spans Both Europe and Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkey
- Hotels in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Nightlife in Turkey
- Restaurants in Turkey
- Shopping in Turkey
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkey
- 2 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Turkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkey
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos