"Beautiful Nürnberg" Nürnberg by Twan
Nürnberg Travel Guide: 942 reviews and 3,147 photos
In 1493 it was here the famous Nuremberg Chronicle published.
From the 15th to the 17th century, Nuremberg had a thriving steel industry. After the city fell into decay. Until the Second World War, the town almost completely preserved medieval character with Gothic buildings. By air strikes, and a four-day ground offensive at the end of the war, the old town almost completely destroyed. After the war the medieval buildings of downtown again largely reconstructed.
In 1927, 1929 and from 1933 to 1938, in this city Nazi Party Days events. The choice of Nuremberg came from the place the city in the medieval German Empire had taken as the venue for Empire Days and keeper of the regalia of the emperor.
Nuremberg was in 1933 decided not by the Nazis dominated place, the city had a mayor and a liberal progressive governance.
The racial laws of the National Socialist state legislation prohibiting Jewish citizens were excluded from social life and disenfranchisement were made in Nuremberg declared and therefore the "Nuremberg Racial Laws" called.
Very nice that there is a river running through the middle of the old city center, so you have many very nice bridges around. On the photo you have a view from one to another.
From the city wall you have a nice view over the city.
The pulse of the city Nuremberg in Germany beats at the market square Hauptmarkt - that lively place is dominated by the... more travel advice
Twan's Related Pages
Nürnberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "weekends in Nürnberg"
- "I LOVED HISTORIC NUREMBERG!"
- "Willlkommen in... Nämberch!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nürnberg
- Hotels in Nürnberg
- Transportation in Nürnberg
- Nightlife in Nürnberg
- Restaurants in Nürnberg
- Shopping in Nürnberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Nürnberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nürnberg
- 5 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Nürnberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nürnberg
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos