"Drunen" Drunen by Twan
Drunen Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Drunen is a town in the municipality of Heusden (North-Brabant), on 1 January 2011 had 19,069 inhabitants Drunen.
Drunen is part of a region called the Langstraat and traditionally known for its leather and shoe industry.
Drunen was an independent municipality from 1813, consisting of the towns Drunen, the hamlet Giersbergen and construction have Fellenoord, Klinkaert and the now demolished Pestert. In 1935, after the abolition of the independent municipality Elshout & Oud Heusden, the parish Elshout added. On 1 January 1997 this church merged with the former municipalities Vlijmen Heusden and the newly formed, larger municipality of Heusden.
Large employers in Drunen are or were the propellers Wärtsilä factory, (formerly Phillips and John Crane), the aluminum factory Sapa (formerly Alcoa), and the brass factory LDM (formerly Phillips). These three related companies work together under the name Metal Valley.
The former Land theme park was once located here. It was located on the estate of the Castle Drunen. After bankruptcy, the area and the castle was bought by the municipality of Heusden and renamed the 'Gate of Heusden.
On the north side of the building of the current Drunen Drunen was the former station Heusden-located, and is on the west side of the crossing "the Wolfshoek '.
Twan's Related Pages
Drunen Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Drunen
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Drunen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Drunen
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos