"Oostkapelle" Oostkapelle by Twan
Oostkapelle Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 12 photos
Oostkapelle (Zeeland: Oôskappel) is a village in the Dutch province of Zeeland, in the municipality of Veere, near Domburg. It had 2,456 inhabitants on 1 January 2010 and is one of the major centers of the municipality. The village consists of a small core with buildings, between which many old farmhouses lie. Just outside the actual bowl is a park with exclusive houses, inhabited mainly by people from outside the village.
Oostkapelle owes its name to a chapel here in earlier times must have been, together with another chapel, on the site of the present Westkapelle lies. If stronghold developed western sister Oostkapelle is running the Middle Ages, however, better than Oostkapelle, that until the twentieth century remained a farming village.
After the Second World War the place, however, in the wake of including Domburg and Zoutelande a resort, with the dunes and the North Sea at a short distance. The village was therefore not subject to depopulation.
Oostkapelle was a separate municipality until 1966, after which until 1997 was part of the municipality of Domburg.
Terra Maris is a museum for nature and landscape of Zeeland, located in Oostkapelle in the former orangery of the castle... more travel advice
Twan's Related Pages
Oostkapelle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Where a Zeeland camping holiday is the best"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oostkapelle
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Oostkapelle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oostkapelle
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos