"Renesse" Renesse by Twan
Renesse Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 45 photos
Renesse (Zeeland: Renisse) is a village on Schouwen-Duiveland in the Dutch province of Zeeland. It was in January 2008 1583 inhabitants. Until 1961 it was a separate municipality Renesse, then made it to 1997 part of Westerschouwen.
Renesse is a circular village in the middle of the ring James Church, a Gothic building whose tower dates back to 1458. The nave dates from the 16th century. In the tower there is a loud bell Pieter van Dormen. Inside is an organ of the company Ober Ling to 1882, which in 1938 came into possession of this church. Around the ring, there are many cafes and restaurants.
Renesse is first mentioned in 1244 as "Riethnesse". It is derived from cane and nose, which means headland. The Lords of Renesse previously formed an influential family in Zeeland. In the thirteenth century to the Slot Moermond Renesse built. One of his most famous residents was Jan van Renesse. The current building was given its views through a restoration in 1955.
From the beginning of the twentieth century is a resort Renesse. In 1915 the village got a tram station, which after the 1953 disappeared. Renesse has 26 national monuments.
Twan's Related Pages
Renesse Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Renesse on the coast in Zeeland.."
- "Renesse, horseback rider's paradise !!!"
- "Renesse , Zeeland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Renesse
- Hotels in Renesse
- Nightlife in Renesse
- Warnings and Dangers in Renesse
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Renesse
- 3 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Renesse?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Renesse
Photos in RenesseSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos