"Vught" Vught by Twan
Vught Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 15 photos
Vught is a municipality in the north of the province of North-Brabant, situated in the Bailiwick of ’s-Hertogenbosch. The municipality has 25,788 inhabitants (1 January 2012, source: CBS) and covers an area of over 34 square kilometers with hardly any water.
The municipality consists of the nuclei Vught and Cromvoirt. The modern town is located in Vught to the Secretary of Rooij Street. It was built from 2003-2006 in the form of an oval tower. It was designed by Architects "The Two Pike". Previously, the town hall located in Villa Leeuwenstein, in 1935 purchased for that purpose was rebuilt by architect Hendrik Willem Valk.
The old coat of arms of Vught was established in 1817 and shows two opposing churches. This is because Vught traditionally had two parishes: St. Lambert Parish and St. Peter Parish. This motif was also included in the new municipal arms.
Originally, the church Vught Vught from the core and the hamlet Deuteren. At the municipal reorganization in 1933 the municipality Cromvoirt lifted and attached to Vught, while Deuteren, north of an elevated railway to Waalwijk, at ’s-Hertogenbosch was classified.
The municipality Vught is linked in friendship with the municipality Oranienburg (Germany).
Vught is divided into seventeen districts official.
Twan's Related Pages
Vught Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Vught
- 2 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Vught?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vught
Photos in VughtSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos