"Prague" Prague by Twan
Prague Travel Guide: 11,870 reviews and 25,052 photos
Prague (Czech: Praha [praɦa]) Is the capital and largest city of the Central European Czech Republic. Its official name is Hlavní město Praha, which means capital Prague. The municipality of Prague is its own district (okres) and region (kraj). In addition, the capital of the Central Bohemia region, although the town there is no part of.
Prague is considered one of the most beautiful cities in Europe and the historic center a World Heritage Site. It is the sixth most popular tourist city in Europe. The Golden City of Prague as the nickname goes, lies on the Vltava river. During the existence of the state of Czechoslovakia and until the year 1992, Prague was the capital of this nation.
So far I visited Prague 3 time. The first time was on my 2005 holiday, when we did a road trip through Czech Republik. The second time was an engineers meeting in Prague and the third time was an inspection visit to one of our Czech pressure vessel suppliers.
During the first visit we stayed in a hotel in Nupaky, from there we went in to the city by bus. Prague has a small metro system that works very well to explore the city.
In the Prague Things To Do page you can find many nice things to see and do in Prague.
Also interesting to do from prague are daytrips to Terezin Nazi Camp and Karlstejn Castle.
Karlštejn is a Czech town in the region of Central Bohemia, and part of the district Beroun. Karlstejn is approximately 20 km west from Prague and employs 775 people. Karlštejn is mainly known for the castle built there Karlstejn Castle.
Theresienstadt (German) or Terezín (Czech) is the name of a fortress within the fortress Czech Theresienstadt. The fort, where the former concentration camp (Terezin Nazi Camp) of Theresienstadt is called "Small Fortress", the city itself is called "Great Fortress".
- Pros:Nice, old, well restored city, nice priced!
- Cons:Beware of pickpockets
THIS TIP WAS TIP OF THE DAY: TIP OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK 08-02-2012 A special atmosphere reigns in the little street by... more travel advice
Twan's Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY!"
- "Praha is amazing!"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "prague czech republic"
- "PRAHA - PRAGUE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 9 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (55)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 17 reviews, 60 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos