"Nicosia" Nicosia by Twan
Nicosia Travel Guide: 290 reviews and 677 photos
Nicosia (Greek: Λευκωσία, Levkosía, Turkish: Lefkosa) is the capital of Cyprus, situated on the river Pedieos and with a population of 309,500 (2001-2005).
Nicosia is one of the divided capital of the world. The southern part belongs to Greek Cyprus and the northern Turkish part of Cyprus. The border runs straight from east to west through the city, called "The Green Line". The old walled city is almost exactly circular divded by this boundary, which consists of a demilitarized zone, which since 1974 is maintained by the United Nations.
In 1989 the first university founded by the Greek part, the University of Cyprus. In the Turkish part was already the Near Eastern University founded in 1988.
On 3 April 2008, Ledra Street in Nicosia's center after 34 years reopened to the public. It is the first passage between Greek and Turkish Cyprus in the city of Nicosia.
Nicosia is also the football stadium of the Cyprus national football team, namely the New GSP Stadium.
Almond Business Suites introduces the fresh and innovative concept of European Business Boutique Hotels to Cyprus. A... more travel advice
Twan's Related Pages
Nicosia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Capital of Cyprus - twice..."
- "Nicosia ~ The last divided city"
- "The Last Divided City on Earth"
- " NICOSIA"
- "NICOSIA, Old Houses, Narrow Streets and History"
- "A city cut in half."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nicosia
- Hotels in Nicosia
- Transportation in Nicosia
- Nightlife in Nicosia
- Restaurants in Nicosia
- Shopping in Nicosia
- Warnings and Dangers in Nicosia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nicosia
- 4 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Nicosia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nicosia
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos