"Kumasi" Kumasi by Twan
Kumasi Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 320 photos
Kumasi is the second largest city in Ghana. The population is estimated at 1,500,000 in Kumasi. The city is also the capital of the Ashanti region and is about 250 kilometers from Accra. Kumasi in recent times was the capital of the Ashanti kingdom. The city is an important center of the local cocoa farming and logging and processing of local hardwood, won gold in the region and the city has a university, the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology of Ghana. Because of the gold mines is the city one of the wealthier cities in Ghana.
Guinness Ghana Breweries (GGBL) is a Ghanaian brewery based at the Kaasai Industrial Area in Kumasi. They are listed on... more travel advice
Twan's Related Pages
Kumasi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The centre of the Ashanti Kingdom"
- "Capitol for the Ashanti Kingdom"
- "Kumasi, centre of the Ashanti's"
- "Kumasi, the Garden city of Africa"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kumasi
- Hotels in Kumasi
- Transportation in Kumasi
- Nightlife in Kumasi
- Restaurants in Kumasi
- Shopping in Kumasi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kumasi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kumasi
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Kumasi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kumasi
Photos in KumasiSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos