"Hanoi" Hanoi by Twan
Hanoi Travel Guide: 2,806 reviews and 6,210 photos
Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam and the corresponding municipality. The city has about 6.5 million inhabitants and is the second largest city in the country, after Ho Chi Minh City. Hanoi has the status of a province. The city lies on the right bank of the Red River (Song Hong) about 60 kilometers from the mouth of the river in the Gulf of Tonkin.
Hanoi is the name given by Emperor Minh Mang in 1831. Hà means river and Noi means within. The literal meaning of Hanoi is within the river. The rivers which are meant the Red River and the Nhuệ. The old name Tonkin means Eastern capital, and Tokyo.
In Vietnam many people drink Tiger beer or Larue, we are lucky to work for the brewery that makes it!!!
Twan's Related Pages
Hanoi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Adventure Continues in Hanoi ! Hanoi !"
- "Good morning Hanoi !"
- "Hanoi - City of the Soaring Dragon"
- "Hanoi - City of Absorbing Sights and Sounds"
- "MY 1ST STOP IN VIETNAM WAS......................."
- "Ignoring Hanoi"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hanoi
- Hotels in Hanoi
- Transportation in Hanoi
- Nightlife in Hanoi
- Restaurants in Hanoi
- Shopping in Hanoi
- Warnings and Dangers in Hanoi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hanoi
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Hanoi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hanoi
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 57 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos