"Hoi An" Hoi An by Twan
Hoi An Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 117 photos
Hoi An is a coastal city in central Vietnam to the South China Sea. The city is located in the province of Quang Nam and has about 25,000 inhabitants. The former harbor town of the Champa people at the estuary of the Thu Bon river was an important trade in the 16th and 17th centuries. Then came traders from China, Japan, Netherlands and India. At the time of the China trade, the town was called Hai Pho (set to the sea), during the French occupation Faifo. Originally Hai Pho was separated in two urban areas, across the "Japanese Bridge" was a Japanese colony.
In 1999 the old town of Hoi An as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, as a well preserved example of a Southeast Asian trading town from the 15th to 19th century buildings with a unique blend of local and foreign influences show. One example is the "Japanese Bridge (Chua Cau)".
Twan's Related Pages
Hoi An Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Old Town"
- "Around Hoi-AN"
- "Hoi An"
- "Hoi An... The Old and the New Converge"
- "Hoi An.."
- "Tailors' place"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hoi An
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Hoi An?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hoi An
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos