"Tay Ninh" Tay Ninh by Twan
Tay Ninh Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 160 photos
Tay Ninh (thi xa in Vietnam) is the capital of the province of Tay Ninh, Vietnam. Tay Ninh has an estimated 51,000 inhabitants.
The city is the center of the Vietnamese Cao Dai religion.
Cao Dai (Cao Đài) or Caodaisme is a relatively new and syncretic monotheistic religion officially established in Tay Ninh, South Vietnam in 1926. Đạo Cao Đài is the short name, full name is Đại Đạo Tam Ky Pho DJO. It is an attempt to create the ideal religion of the North and South Vietnamese religions for reunification. The result is a colorful mix of Buddhism, Islam, Confucianism, Taoism, Vietnamese spiritualism and Christianity. "Cao Dai" literally means "tower", in this way there is a reference to God. In the Tay Ninh province and the Mekong Delta, this belief is most strongly represented. There are early 2006 about 3 million followers of the Caodaïsme. The ultimate goal of a follower of the Caodaïsme is to escape from the cycle of reincarnation. In doctrine are in this religion many elements from various Asian religions, but the shape and the names of the clergy and the Christian churches is rather inspired.
- Pros:Strangest temple I ever saw
- Cons:Very closed community
Twan's Related Pages
Tay Ninh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "TAY NINH - KINGDOM OF HEAVEN"
- "Home of the Cao Dai Holy See"
- "Tay Ninh"
- "TAY NINH VIETNAM"
- "TAY NINH"
- "Cao Dai"
- "Tay Ninh"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tay Ninh
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Tay Ninh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tay Ninh
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 27 reviews, 106 photos
- Isla de Lanzarote Intro, 14 reviews, 69 photos
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 63 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 16 reviews, 62 photos
- Aruba Intro, 15 reviews, 63 photos
- Paris Intro, 16 reviews, 58 photos
- Valencia Intro, 14 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jasper Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vientiane Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos
- Verona Intro, 13 reviews, 45 photos