"Welcome to my homepage" Twan's Profile

Twan van Zutphen

I'm Twan van Zutphen and I was born in Zijtaart, the Netherlands, on 30 January 1977. I have a girlfriend, Marianna and now a days we live in Sint-Oedenrode. On the 18th of April 2009 we got married and went on honeymoon to Malaysia.

My photo page is http://knappetwan.wix.com/twan

Since the 1st of July 2010 I'm father of my amazing son, Ruben! And since 28th of February 2012 our daughter Lotte made the family even more fun!

Our son Ruben & Lotte our daughter

Now the sad part starts 30th of July 2012 our little boy Ruben died in an accident. Leaving us devistated. This accident changed our lives forever, but we have to be strong and carry on. So if you see Ruben somewhere on the pages think about it and remember life is more precious than you ever think. So don't waste your time. We mis him and think of him wherever we may roam...

In August 2012 we have had our 1st family holiday with the three of us without Ruben. It was a hard time, but we could enjoy our little girl and the wonderful weather. It was like our boy was suprizing us with this sun from up there...

We hope to enjoy things the same way as we did this holiday!

2013 consisted of a few trips to Kenya, Ghana, Germany, Austria and Italy with comming up trips to Spain and Sweden planned.

501 must-visit destinations

For you 30th birthday I got the book “501 must-visit destinations” here I have listed my visit of this list of destination. Hopefully I get to see al destinations described in the book!

Africa

2012 - Kampala
2010 - Nairobi (page 14 & 15): I’ve been in Nairobi in 2010, but only in the city so far.

Americas and the Caribbean

2009 - Vancouver (page 128 & 129): We did a Canada, BC & Alberta tour in 2009 with a start and return in Vancouver.
2009 - Vancouver Island (page 130 & 131): We visited Victoria, Sproat Lake, Tofino, Campbell River and Port Hardy.
2009 - Okanagan Valley (page 134): In Peachland we visited the vineyards and Okanagan Lake.
2009 - The Calgary Stampede (page 137): In Calgary in 2009 we visited the Stampede a great event to see. “The world’s largest rodeo in Calgary”.
2009 - Banff National Park (page 146 & 147): As well as Jasper National Park is Banff National Park a great experience in the Rockies!
2006 - Pyramid of Kukulcan (page 155): In the Maya temple park of Chichén-Itzá we saw this amazing pyramid of Kukulcan.

501 must-visit destinations

Asia

2007 - Vientiane (page 272): I was in Vientiane for work in 2007.
2008 - Penang Hill (page 277): During our honeymoon we came in Penang on a road trip through Malysia.
2007 - Bangkok (page 286): On my trip to Laos I spend 24 hours in Bangkok.
2011 - Hoi An (page 292): In 2011 I was in Vietnam 3 times, on to of the trips I visited Hoi An.
2011 - Tay Ninh (page 294): On a day off we went to Tay Ninh where we saw a very strange temple with a great mixture of colours.
2011 - The Tunnels of Cu Chi (page 295): Impressive to see the tunnels that I remembered mostly from the tv series of “Tour of Duty”.

Europe & Middle East

2009 - Copenhagen (page 331): Copenhagen was part of our Denmark holiday.
2006 - The Cathedral of Notre-Dame (Page 339): City trip Paris, The Cathedral of Notre-Dame.
2006 - The Louvre (Page 340): City trip Paris, The Louvre.
2009 - Berlin (page 360): Berlin the capital in the world that I visited most often.
2009 - Amsterdam (page 371): Besides for football and music I didn’t visit Amsterdam before 2009.
2008 - London (page 407 – 410): The city of London has it all!
2005 - Prague (page 423): Beautiful restored city of Prague.
2009 - Moscow (page 440 & 441): The Kremlin and Red Square and the Moscow Metro.
1992 - Lago Maggiore (page 482): On the Swiss side of the lake in Locarno.
2000 - Barcelona (page 497): Just on the Ramblas in Barcelona and in Nou Camp stadium.

Traveling

In like traveling and I want to see as much of the world as possible. So far I've been in the countries you can see on my travel page.

In 2006 I went to Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras & Belize, this was the most exiting trip yet!

Last years I've been to, Laos, Malaysia, Vietnam, Czech Republic and Russia. In 2009 we visited Canada, we did an amazing tour from Vancouver to Vancouver Island up Nrth to Prince Rupert and than through the Rocky Mountains back done to Vancouver. After that 2 days Calgary and then back home!

Lately I travelled for my work to Moscow and Ul'yanovsk, also Nicosia and Berlin were on the list. 2010 I went to Kenya, first time in Africa! And 2011 a few trips to Vietnam to extend the breweries in HCMC, Danang and Hanoi.

VT Tip of the day winner

GOLDEN LANE IN PRAGUE WAS TIP OF THE DAY: TIP OF THE DAY ON FACEBOOK 08-02-2012

PSV Eindhoven & football

My favorite football club is PSV Eindhoven. I have a season ticket since 1992. Last year, 2004-2005 they were fabulouse in Champions League. Ihope they will be even better in the future, which is very hard to release for a Dutch club, losing their best player to European top teams. Like we had in the past.

Football trips
As a football supporter I like to visit matches and stadiums where ever I can. The clubs and matches I visited are listed here, under the link you find more detailed info on the club, stadium and match I visited.
Belgium
Newcastle United
St James’ Park
Newcastle United - Swansea City 0-0
West Ham United
Bolayn Ground (Upton Park)
West Ham United - Blackburn Rovers 4-1
PSV Eindhoven – FC Utrecht 2-1
All PSV home matches since season 1992-1993
Roda JC - Vitesse 1-1
NAC - PSV Eindhoven 1-3
ADO - PSV Eindhoven 0-2 (canceled)
Cambuur SC - PSV Eindhoven 1-1
Feyenoord - PSV Eindhoven 3-2
Vitesse – PSV Eindhoven 1-6
Roda JC – PSV Eindhoven 2-2
De Graafschap – PSV Eindhoven 2-2
Cup finals
PSV Eindhoven - Sparta Rotterdam 5-2
Ajax - PSV Eindhoven 5-0
FC Twente – PSV Eindhoven 0-0 (pen 5-4)
Jupiler League
FC Barcelona
Nou Camp

PSV webside

Music

I like all kinds of guitar music, from Metallica, Nirvana, AC/DC, Maroon 5, Counting Crows to Red Hot Chili Peppers. The Best album ever is Californacation to my opinion.

• Intro Updated Sep 9, 2013

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!