"Ile Maurice" Mauritius by Maximilian21
Mauritius Travel Guide: 1,392 reviews and 3,649 photos
Mauritius has a special place in my heart, mainly because both my parents are from the country. Its Impossible for me to call myself Mauritiuan because i was born and raised in Australia however i have always been intersted in my roots in order to find out more about myself.
I have always been curious about why my family left such a beautiful country . I guess they moved because of the uncertainity after the country gained independence but they also believed that there would be greater opportunity overseas than in a country with a population a little over a million people.
Inspite of its small population ,Mauritius remains one of the success stories of Africa. A country which has thrived inspite of having many of its skilled workers leave to seek opportunities around the world.
The island itself is absolutely amazing, with is wonderful beaches, and laid back lifestyle. It provides a place for people from around the world to come to, and enjoy what life was truly meant to be like.
When you come, have the courage not to sit on the beach all day, meet people from the mellange of races who exist on the island. It will hopefully change your mindset on island living
- Pros:Beautiful country
- Cons:Little expensive
- In a nutshell:must see island
Particularly around the marine park in Blue bay there is some trule wonderful snorkeling experiences. In fact the whole... more travel advice
Another key crop product and export to Mauritius is sugar. There are an abudance of cane fields and they have proved a... more travel advice
Maximilian21's Related Pages
Mauritius Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " MAURITIUS PARADISE ON EARTH "
- "Holiday paradise meets ecological nightmare"
- "Canuckmike's Trip to Mauritius"
- "Ile Maurice"
- "DEEP BLUE SOMETHING... THE PARADISE DIARIES"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mauritius
- Hotels in Mauritius
- Transportation in Mauritius
- Nightlife in Mauritius
- Restaurants in Mauritius
- Shopping in Mauritius
- Warnings and Dangers in Mauritius
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mauritius
- 35 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Mauritius?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mauritius
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France 65 reviews, 62 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 45 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 47 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 39 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 33 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Caledonia Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Klagenfurt Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos