"La Nouvelle Caledonie" Top 5 Page for this destination New Caledonia by Maximilian21

New Caledonia Travel Guide: 372 reviews and 644 photos

"La nouvelle caledonie" is situated only a few hours flight from Sydney. It is an Island which has a destinct class to it. A definitive european touch with a predominately laid back "islander" way of life. There has also been sufficient preservation of the melanesian and indigenous way of life.
Although i did not stay her all that long i found the islands beauty to be memorable and the people extremely kind and who just want to have a good time.
I will definately come here again.

• Pros:friendly people, beutiful islands
  • Cons:very expensive
  • In a nutshell:must must go, just dont stay to long
  • Last visit to New Caledonia: Feb 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 23, 2005

• cpiers47's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2007 at 10:11 AM

Looks fantastic - another place to add to the list.

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Oct 26, 2005 at 8:27 AM

New Caledonia seems to be a beautiful island paradise, just like Mauritius :) Thanks for sharing & dropping by my VT pages! Are there any language problems in New Caledonia?

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2005 at 7:33 AM

Ahhhhh, we were just reminiscing last night about our time spent here. This part of the planet is truly Nature's gift to mankind, don't you think? Great photos, Shaun!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2005 at 5:03 PM

looks like paradise Shaun!

• Apr 6, 2005 at 9:45 PM

Thanks for the great guide, Shanus.

• ExGuyParis's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2005 at 2:51 PM

What a beautiful place. I'm impressed by your concise and insightful tips.

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2005 at 11:00 PM

Heya Shaunus. What awsome scenery!! I love islands too and I totally agree with you that the locals are very sweet!! Absolutely love your pages!! Cheers, Ann :o)

Maximilian21

“""Fool me once... shame on you. Fool me... I won't get fooled again."George W Bush.”

Badges & Stats in New Caledonia

Have you been to New Caledonia?

Latest Activity in New Caledonia