"Munich" Munich by Maximilian21
Munich Travel Guide: 4,450 reviews and 10,507 photos
Munich is probabaly one of my favorite cities in Europe and a place where i have had some incredible times.
Whenever im in Europe i ususally pay a quick visit to my Aunt who lives in the city. I find the city small (enough) ,safe and vibrant.
Ill relay my most recent trip to Munich to you, purhaps you might find it interesting.
I recieved a phone call from my aunt in Munich saying she had bought me a ticket to fly out from Paris that evening.
My Aunt is a record producer from Zomba records and is a songwriter for the likes of enrique eglesias, celine dion, etc (in other words writes average music for big bucks).
Anyway i arrived at Charles De Gaulle in the afternoon and bourded my plane for Munich. The flight is only a few hours long so i tried to sleep after having a big night the evening before.
Unfortuntely my relaxation was short lived as the plane hit an air pocket. If youve experienced such an occasion you would understand what im talking about, but its not a pleasant experience to have the plane suddenly decend to the ground and having the air france hosteses in hysterics. It does little for the passesngers confidence.
We got to Munich in one piece and i fealt glad to get off the plane.
The airport is situated on the outskirts of the town and you have to take the main highway to the city. One of the first things you notice are the cars which are around you and the speed that their travelling at. Its rare to see a car which is not either a BMW or Mercedes and its rare (and dangerous) to be driving at a sensible speed.
Instead of going to her appartment we went to her recording studio in Swabing. She had to lay down a few tracks for a new song she was working on before we went for something to eat.
- Pros:modern, safe, vibrant
- In a nutshell:favorite european city
Schloss Neuschwanstein is one of those places that you have to slap yourself in order to determine that your not... more travel advice
Maximilian21's Related Pages
Munich Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Munich - Oktoberfest & a lot more !"
- "Brezn, Bier and Beautiful Days in Munich"
- "Munich is nature, art, events and culture"
- "The Big Village"
- "Munich - my current hometown"
- "Munich and Surroundings"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Munich
- Hotels in Munich
- Transportation in Munich
- Nightlife in Munich
- Restaurants in Munich
- Shopping in Munich
- Warnings and Dangers in Munich
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Munich
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Munich?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Munich
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France 65 reviews, 62 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 45 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 47 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 39 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 33 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Caledonia Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Klagenfurt Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos