"Laos" Top 5 Page for this destination Laos by Maximilian21

Laos Travel Guide: 3,621 reviews and 8,935 photos

Wonderful trip to Laos

Laos is one of my favorite countries in the world. It is the type of country i want to rave to everyone about yet also want to keep it a secret lest it change.

It doesnt have the drawcard attractions such as Angkor or The beaches of Thailand but it does have one thing. It has a quiet dignity about it, this infectious vibe that you think you could spend the rest of your life there.
Its people are wonderful and always wanting to say "Saibaidee". Its natural beauty is up there with anywhere else in the world.

Travel Route

Unfortuntely my last trip to Laos was but a taste of the country.

Due to my limited time i was only able to take the standard tourist through Laos. Basically Chiang Khong, Huay Xai , slow boat to Luang Prabang stopping at Pak Beng, Bus to Veng Vieng, Vientiane then Back through Thailand.

Despite my limited time spent in the country , i was truly impressed and will do my best to give you as much info as possible should you want to visit the place as well. If you have any further questions regarding the country, eg, places to visit or stay that i havnt mentioned, email me and i will do my best to help you out.

• Pros:People, Scenery
  • Cons:Not too much
  • In a nutshell:Outstanding
  • Intro Updated Mar 14, 2005

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2009 at 12:43 AM

beautiful place and views but i am not sure if the rats would like me so much!eva

• madamx's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2006 at 3:06 PM

Excellent tips; that photo in the intro is stunning. Greetings from Calgary :o)

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2005 at 5:38 AM

Fab Lao pages. I'm off there next week, they've been very helpful, looks like you had a wonderful time!

• schlumpf's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2005 at 9:00 AM

Shaun....Amazing Lao amazing!

• GTS77's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2005 at 12:25 PM

Nice tips and Laos page. Sounds like a nice place to visit. I guess there's always going to be 'bad apples' around.

• acemj's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2005 at 7:04 PM

Wow, great to discover such a great Laos page. Sounds like a sometimes bumpy road, but one worth exploring.

• j-san's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2005 at 8:58 AM

Laos really was perfect. I agree about the dignity of the people there.

• aussiejen's Profile Photo
    Apr 6, 2005 at 6:53 AM

Hi. Great photos. One of my daughters was in Laos last year, she loved it. I just had to check out this page. Jen

• bkoon's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2005 at 8:16 PM

Great page and stunning photos. The moonwalk story was cool!!!!!!! *Applause* Thanks for sharing those tips. Bee :)

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2005 at 10:50 PM

G'day Shaunus. I think I've fallen in love with this place & I've only just discovered it thanx to you!! Wow! your enthusiasm really makes this place come alive!! Heyt when are ya going to come to Perth to Karaoke with us ;o) Cheers, Ann :o)

Maximilian21

“""Fool me once... shame on you. Fool me... I won't get fooled again."George W Bush.”

Badges & Stats in Laos