"Cambodia" Cambodia by Maximilian21
Cambodia Travel Guide: 8,464 reviews and 23,548 photos
I feel very grateful that i had the opportunity of visiting the wonderful country that is Cambodia.
It is a country that has been ravaged by war and international issolation. Fortuntely today its doors are very much open to tourism and people are coming to see this wonderful country.
I must admit that prior to visiting the place i was somewhat igonorant to Khmer culture. My knowledge of the recent political exents was reletively good but i knew nothing of the people themselves. What i encountered was a lesson in human dignity and triumph in the face of horrible adveristy.
Cambodia is not just Angkor but so much more. It is something more intangible, you cant but a face on it and say there it it. Look at the tembles, thats Cambodia. Hopefully you can experience it for yourselves. To experience the warmth of the people, the wonderful food, the intersting and often tragic history are all things you will never forget.
I will to my best to give you a taste of Cambodia through my eyes.
If you have any further questions dont hesitate to email me.
- Pros:Culture, People, History, Angkor
- Cons:Poverty often stares you in the face
- In a nutshell:Lessons in humanity
At the time of sunset , literally thousands of people make there way up the step slopes of Phnom Bakheng. When they get... more travel advice
The trees found in Ta Prom where absolutely huge more travel advice
Maximilian21's Related Pages
Cambodia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MORE THAN JUST THE ANGKOR TEMPLES"
- "The country of Angkor"
- "Angkor Archeological Park, Cambodia"
- "Sharrie's Cambodia Dignity"
- "Cambodia 2002"
- "Ancient temples and smiling Khmers"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cambodia
- Hotels in Cambodia
- Transportation in Cambodia
- Nightlife in Cambodia
- Restaurants in Cambodia
- Shopping in Cambodia
- Warnings and Dangers in Cambodia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambodia
- 55 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Cambodia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambodia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France 65 reviews, 62 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 45 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 47 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 39 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 33 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Caledonia Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Klagenfurt Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos