"Cambodia" Cambodia by Maximilian21

Cambodia Travel Guide: 8,548 reviews and 23,932 photos

Wonderful Experience

I feel very grateful that i had the opportunity of visiting the wonderful country that is Cambodia.
It is a country that has been ravaged by war and international issolation. Fortuntely today its doors are very much open to tourism and people are coming to see this wonderful country.

I must admit that prior to visiting the place i was somewhat igonorant to Khmer culture. My knowledge of the recent political exents was reletively good but i knew nothing of the people themselves. What i encountered was a lesson in human dignity and triumph in the face of horrible adveristy.

Cambodia is not just Angkor but so much more. It is something more intangible, you cant but a face on it and say there it it. Look at the tembles, thats Cambodia. Hopefully you can experience it for yourselves. To experience the warmth of the people, the wonderful food, the intersting and often tragic history are all things you will never forget.
I will to my best to give you a taste of Cambodia through my eyes.

If you have any further questions dont hesitate to email me.

• Pros:Culture, People, History, Angkor
  • Cons:Poverty often stares you in the face
  • In a nutshell:Lessons in humanity
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2005

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Mar 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Sounds like a nice guesthouse, but what if I don't know anything about football? LOL

• Penelope4's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2008 at 11:26 AM

Happy new year Shaun! Your tips on transportation on your Cambodia page are the most detailed so far and I find them very helpful. Thank you so much! Cheers!

• Ekahau's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2006 at 6:09 PM

Beautiful place one of the great wonders of the world -- thanks for the tips.

• cheekin22's Profile Photo
    Dec 10, 2005 at 7:41 AM

Thanks friend, these really helpful for me....... cheers.

• Nebbs's Profile Photo
    Nov 27, 2005 at 10:06 PM

Though a great experience in Cambodia, one is left more sad than before especially if you have a soft heart like mine. I would love to share the grief of sight.

• Kay_Lina's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2005 at 12:24 AM

Hi.. Gday!! wow.. nice Cambodia Page.. I plan to go next coming January..

• Tina-Perth's Profile Photo
    Jul 29, 2005 at 12:57 AM

Aha, I have a picture of that same kid on my Killing Fields tip! You really liked Cambodia that much? I'm glad I went, but it wasn't my favourite place.

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2005 at 8:53 PM

Great Cambodia page. Esp good advice on general tips. I yet to cover Phnom Penh someday. I also see two face in your page. Hahaha!! ;-) I just trash it.

• gripdxd's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2005 at 8:47 AM

Wow really informative, thank you. Cambodia interests me.

• sand.storm's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2005 at 4:17 AM

Beautiful

Maximilian21

“""Fool me once... shame on you. Fool me... I won't get fooled again."George W Bush.”

Badges & Stats in Cambodia

Have you been to Cambodia?

Latest Activity in Cambodia