"London" London by Maximilian21
London Travel Guide: 24,183 reviews and 52,316 photos
I guess i have mixed emotions about London. Ive visited London on several occasions. Its always been a beautiful town with an abundance to do, however, i cant stay here for more than a few months, it seems to have an effect on me.
It has everything i could want in the world, football, great party scene, History, Art, Beautiful Architecture.But after a few months in London I always end up feeling empty .Like i want something more out of the place.
I would like to speak to anyone in the road without them looking at me as if im a looney.
I suppose id prefer if i could make eye contact with someone in the tube and get the odd smile. I never fealt a great sence of warmth in this place, like everyone had there own existences which where completely independent from everywhere else. The lack of any real sence of community effects me in a big way,but i suppose thats what you get in a big city.
Im in no means dissin London. In fact i think its an amazing city with outstanding things to do. Its just not my city thats all. Its is an amazingly tolerant and mutlicultural place but is not my city.
I will try to do this page as honestly as i can do it. If you have any further questions regarding the place ,dont hesistate to email me.
- Pros:Wonderful city, Great architecture, Great night life
- Cons:very expensive, little sence of community
- In a nutshell:Must go, but not for too long
I took the eurostar from London to Paris. Its a decent alternative to flying and works out slighly cheaper. I also give... more travel advice
Not exactly a place that would put on their must see places in London but really liked this place. It has the reputation... more travel advice
Maximilian21's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 23 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Photos in LondonSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination France 65 reviews, 62 photos
- Vietnam Intro, 45 reviews, 60 photos, 3 travelogues
- Cambodia Intro, 47 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Laos Intro, 39 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Mauritius Intro, 35 reviews, 28 photos
- Sydney Intro, 21 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Thailand Intro, 33 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Caledonia Intro, 21 reviews, 27 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 23 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Klagenfurt Intro, 21 reviews, 23 photos